Hoop dee Doo vs CRT

princesslover

DIS Veteran
Taking my Mom in December for the first time. She’s 74. Trying to choose between seeing the hoop dee doo show or dining in the castle.

On the one hand, she’d love the show. She’s also a big country music fan so that atmosphere would be up her ally. I can really picture her having a good time.

On the other hand, this is her first (and may be her only) opportunity to dine inside Cinderellas castle and that would be an amazing memory for her.

My two teenage daughters are going too. It’s a 3 generation girls trip if that makes a difference. 😊

Thoughts?

We’re almost as old as your mom and celebrated our anniversary at HDD last month. It’s such a unique experience, but then again, so is dining in the castle, especially with three generations of ladies!

I kinda think you should ask your mom which she’d prefer - either one would be special!

Thank you both. It’s tough because she’s never been to Disney. It’s her first trip. I guess I could try to describe them but it’s tough to describe the hoop dee doo. And the castle you have to experience. But I can try.

If getting around is a challenge I would do CRT since it’s in MK. Otherwise-HDDR all the way !!

Tough choice. I think I would do Hoop De Doo, unless all the princesses are back. It was fine with just Cinderella walking through the castle, but it was definitely lacking something. Hoop De Doo is a lot of fun.

Thank you both. It’s tough because she’s never been to Disney. It’s her first trip. I guess I could try to describe them but it’s tough to describe the hoop dee doo. And the castle you have to experience. But I can try.
There are videos on the internet that you could show her, and of course you could also show her the two menus, which are quite different, in case she had a preference in terms of the food!

Tough choice. I think I would do Hoop De Doo, unless all the princesses are back. It was fine with just Cinderella walking through the castle, but it was definitely lacking something. Hoop De Doo is a lot of fun.
Any news on when all the princesses will be coming back?

Without all the princesses I would pick Hoop De Doo. We did HDDR in our trip we just returned from---lots of fun and laughs. I am glad that we did it. Our previous trip pre-covid we ate in the castle and that was an experience within itself. The types of food at both places are very different---one is backyard BBQ kind of feel and the other is a higher restaurant quality kind of menu. Maybe see which menu she likes more.

Having done both multiple times to me it would HDDR every time. The castle was fun when we took the kids especially the girls but not really all that when just adults. If you don't have young ones skip the castle

I've never done CRT, but Hoop Dee Doo is wonderful! My mother is turning 80 this year (while we're at Disney!) and she really, really enjoyed Hoop Dee Doo when we did it a couple of years ago. She's not got a great appetite most of the time, but she really enjoyed her food and the entertainment. My dad loved it as well. We had a great time. It's such a cool and very "Disney" experience. I also think it's a lot better bang for your buck. You get amazing entertainment for the entire meal and all the food you care to enjoy! Can't beat that!

Thanks everyone!!

I’m really leaning toward Hoop dee Doo. It’s a little more difficult to plan because it’s not in a park and off the beaten path a bit. But I’m going to see if we can squeeze it in on our MK day,

Thanks again!! 😁

I say Hoop Dee Doo. It’s so fun, such good food and drink. and it’s an entire Experience. The camaraderie , laughs, music and the washing boards n yummy dessert at the end Pure JOY, lol. . My elderly in laws loved it and it made the best memories. ( RIP mom n pop). Take the boat from MK u don’t even need to do all the buses. You can pop next door and grab a rocker, kick back with a Libation, people watch or even grab a carriage ride.
You can always walk Thru the castle, see the mosaic etc. imho.. it’s costly for what u get and the food is not even great, just Ok.
Whatever u choose have a great time making Magical Memories… they really do last a lifetime.

I say Hoop Dee Doo. It’s so fun, such good food and drink. and it’s an entire Experience. The camaraderie , laughs, music and the washing boards n yummy dessert at the end Pure JOY, lol. . My elderly in laws loved it and it made the best memories. ( RIP mom n pop). Take the boat from MK u don’t even need to do all the buses. You can pop next door and grab a rocker, kick back with a Libation, people watch or even grab a carriage ride.
You can always walk Thru the castle, see the mosaic etc. imho.. it’s costly for what u get and the food is not even great, just Ok.
Whatever u choose have a great time making Magical Memories… they really do last a lifetime.
I agree - yes, it takes a few hours out of your MK day, but depending on when the day begins, everyone might be ready to enjoy the boat ride over to FW, get a cool drink and maybe a rocking chair at Crockett’s Tavern, and enjoy the show and dinner.

I agree - yes, it takes a few hours out of your MK day, but depending on when the day begins, everyone might be ready to enjoy the boat ride over to FW, get a cool drink and maybe a rocking chair at Crockett’s Tavern, and enjoy the show and dinner.
Yes, we are going during busy Christmas time so we will probably want/need a break. I think we’ll opt for the early show to have plenty of time to come back for MK fireworks. Also we may be able to just grab a snack for lunch to save $$.

Yes, we are going during busy Christmas time so we will probably want/need a break. I think we’ll opt for the early show to have plenty of time to come back for MK fireworks. Also we may be able to just grab a snack for lunch to save $$.
For what it’s worth- one of our most favorite parts of the fort is sitting on the beach watching the magic kingdom fireworks. It’s not quite the same as being in the park, but for us it’s almost better. It’s quiet and peaceful…. Not crowded….listening to the waves on the shore and the sounds of the boat horns…. It’s our special piece of heaven right there

We just did the Hoop Dee Doo last week and it was fabulous. We had 20 of us, all ages and everyone had a great time. Left with our cheeks hurting from laughing. I'm glad they take small breaks so you can eat otherwise I wouldn't of been able too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter