Hoop Dee Doo Revue Seating

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by VACamm, Feb 16, 2017.

1. VACamm

VACamm DIS Veteran

We are going to try and get Hoop Dee Doo Revue ADR's for the first time this September. I see that there are 3 different 'categories' that you can choose from.

Can you see the stage from all table categories?

Does it make a difference which table category that you are seated in?

Which table category do YOU prefer?

Any and all advice that you can give will be greatly appreciated!

2. TheBigErn

TheBigErn Earning My Ears

I've sat in all 3 and you can see fine in all. It comes down to how much you want to spend and how close you want to be to the action. The closer you are the higher the chance they get you involved in the action.

VACamm likes this.
  3. VACamm

VACamm DIS Veteran

Thank you! I guess I'm just scared that if I don't book category 3 that it won't be as good as category 1~

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. disneyvoice

disneyvoice DIS Veteran

When we went I believe we were at a Category 2 table but it was actually in the very back on the first floor (behind the Category 1 seats), all the way on the right side if you are facing the stage. The seats were wonderful!!

VACamm likes this.
  6. Betty Rohrer

Betty Rohrer DIS Veteran

biggest problem I have with Cat 2 or 3 is for part of Cat 2 and all of Cat 3 is up steps. with my bad knees steps are something I avoid. if talking views upstairs has good views and characters come up stairs also in fact I think upstairs would have a better view than back of main floor.

VACamm likes this.
  7. Raeven

Raeven Happiest Haunt

Yes you can. It only matters how close you want to be they do interact more with the downstairs seating but came upstairs during the show to interact with people up there as well.

We did category 3 on our first trip and we were upstairs. In my seat I did have to turn around to watch the show and I would probably book a closer view if I did it again but that was all that was left (I booked really close to the date). It still wasn't a bad view though. I actually have a short video on youtube if you want to see what the view is like. (Link is in the signature).

VACamm likes this.
  8. Hopefully

Hopefully DIS Veteran

As with any theatre like seating venue with categories, the higher price seats are the better seats. Category 3 seats will not be as good as category 1. That said, you can still see the stage and enjoy the show from Cat 3 seats

VACamm likes this.
  9. Betty Rohrer

Betty Rohrer DIS Veteran

and you will have to so steps to get to Cat 3 if that would be a problem

VACamm and Hopefully like this.
  10. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

We have done Category 3 and I will never book anything else. Loved it!
    I didn't want to be right up by stage and where it was loudest.
    Great view, actors came up to us, brought washboard instruments and no people around us.

VACamm likes this.
  11. PrincessArlena'sDad

PrincessArlena'sDad DIS Veteran

Cat 1 is right by the stage. Loved it.

Cat 3 is upstairs, but is a single row of tables on the sides of the theater. Loved it.

Cat 2 is either on the first floor behind cat 1 or upstairs in the back center.

I think cat 3 is better than cat 2 despite being cheaper.

Only you can decide if the price difference between cat 1 and 3 is worth it.

VACamm likes this.
  12. jaysmom4285

jaysmom4285 DIS Veteran

Just one more voice to say that we felt that Category 3 seating, upstairs on the sides, provided us with a fine view. The seats do face away from the center and toward your table, but they swivel, so it's easy to turn around and watch the show. The timing is such that you can enjoy both the meal and the show. The show will go on for a bit, then the performers take a break while dinner is served, so you can turn around and eat without missing anything That goes on long enough for most people to finish their meal, and then the show starts again. The dessert - a big dish of strawberry shortcake - is left on your table, so you can keep nibbling away at it during the rest of the show.

VACamm likes this.
  13. Main Street Matilda

Main Street Matilda Mouseketeer

We've also been seated in all three categories and like a previous poster said, I actually found Category 3 a better view than (some) Category 2 seating. That being said, we did like being closer to the stage if only because of the chance of getting involved in the show.

VACamm likes this.
  14. VACamm

VACamm DIS Veteran

Wow thank you to everyone who offered your advice! I've been gone for a couple of days and was surprised to come back to so many wonderful opinions. Thank you all! :love:

15. adisneyaunt

adisneyaunt LTD

I actually prefer category 3 ( we ve done all) (it is up steps)
    The floor (1) was nice but seemed loudest... don't like looking Up to stage and 3 u are looking down at so u really See it all so well. They shine spot lights up so involvement is possible. Def interactions with servers etc as well.
    We were stuck way in back (2) and I recall a pole/beam or something that kinda was annoying.
    We always choose 3.
    Enjoy... Great food and show!

Parker Clan likes this.
  16. Parker Clan

Parker Clan Seriously, is it August yet?!

We've sat in all 3 and they are all fine! In fact one year we booked Cat 1, right in the front left and had a big pole blocking our view! Cat 3 was fine! So you never know! Last several years we've done 3 because it's cheaper, you can see great and the entertainers make it a point to come up there and interact with everyone just as much as if you were on the floor