Hoop Dee Doo reservation

If we check into the fort on Nov. 1st and we are staying until the 15th, what day can I start booking reservations for the show?

September 2nd I think. With that long a stay you’ll have no problem getting reservations near the back half of your stay. My daughter booked a party of 13 for the 7th day of our trip in October.

<yawn>

Up at 5am Central for the Dining Reservations to open for Day 60. Got my party in for Hoop Level 1 for a 4pm show. Interestingly, Level 1 (which is what I wanted) was all that was showing at the time. Maybe they load the other levels' availability a few minutes later. I was booking 60+7.

Anyway, checked MDE and the ADR is in there. Back to bed now to repeat this two days from now.

Bama Ed

PS - for those reading, note that HDDR is currently not offered on Mondays and Tuesdays (through my stay in November, at least). Of course that could change in the future.

Last edited:

I was really surprised and disappointed to see they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Sunday the 13th is booked solid! Most of the rest of the week are category 3 only. I guess we're going to have to skip this trip!

I was really surprised and disappointed to see they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Sunday the 13th is booked solid! Most of the rest of the week are category 3 only. I guess we're going to have to skip this trip!
That stinks. How far out were you trying to book?

We are long time WDW go-ers, only been staying at the Fort for the past few years (as we used to stay with relatives nearby in the past)- going for our 6th stay at FWC this Oct/Nov and this is our family's first trip to HDDR since it's been closed every other time we've been to the Fort- we already bought our Pioneer Hall/HDDR ornament on our last trip in anticipation for this so we are grateful we got reservations!

I booked a few weeks ago (also was up at 5AM) and at 60+4 days only 4PM and category 2 were available for just one day of our trip - we did manage to book it though, so I'm very relieved for that (and even managed to get back to sleep for a bit afterwards)!

(I will say I had trouble trying to use the app with it only letting me add one adult and not allowing me to add anyone else to the reservation - fortunately I had my laptop and was able to do it on the website at the same time, but head's up in case anyone else has an issue with this - we also had this issue on site trying to do walk-ups in the parks last year and at the resorts earlier this summer.)

Would anyone in this thread know if I can add my almost 2 year old to my reservation here? Usually I get different responses where they do not care it is just my wife and I with the plus one child. Sometimes they act frustrated when we did not select 3 but assuming since she is free we did not need to include her (also they pre charge per head) and daughter would not be charged day of. My hope is we arrive and they just add a high chair but with a place like this being packed I suddenly got nervous. I eat there next week.

EDIT_ Just found out that with a call and waiting a bit they can sometimes edit the number or just put a note. Officially they seem to prefer you book the infant for the show but also do not think if you let them know ahead of time and they can prepare for the additional one child.
just ahead up you are not charged even with ressies for guests under 3 years of age. this fact is used by odd number guests to find tables easier for even numbers, you just make the extra guest 2 years of age. last time we were at Hoop we had a group of 14 with 2 of us under 2 and neither of them was charged with our ressie

Got up at 6 and booked HDDR for a Wednesday at 4pm Level 2. I really wanted Level 3 but it wasn't available.
Does anybody know if there's a way I can later get Level 3 later? Can I request it somehow?
TIA

They may not be using all the seats do to staffing issues.

I noticed that when I booked at 60+7 in mid-September, only Category 1 seats were available to book (which is what I wanted). I would have expected some Cat 2 and Cat 3 to be available for the 4pm show I wanted. I also would have expected them to have not sold out yet at 60+7.

Maybe they were sold out by then.

Maybe they did not have the staff for those Cat's.

Maybe they were not loaded yet (trying to $ell Cat 1'$ a$ the only available before relea$ing the Cat 2/3).

:confused3

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter