Hoop Dee Doo pre-charge

mrodgers

DIS Veteran
I just want some confirmation here.... I am on the dining plan and my credit card was already charged $180something for the 4 of us. When I pay with the dining plan credits, the pre-charge will be credited to my CC then, correct?

I am on the dining plan also. The HDDR was NOT charged to my account. They only use your card to guarantee your reservation. I would call back and find out what the problem is. Either your reservation does not show the dining plan and or a mistake was made and should be corrected. Good Luck.

There should not be a "precharge"...Credit card is charged for those paying OOP and for Cat 1 seating...Credit card should have been taken to hold the ARD only...Check if you were in fact charged then call them if you were.

I agree... no charge to your credit card if using DDP to pay. They are only supposed to charge your card if you fail to show up.

Glad I asked! I do have the charge on my CC statement from January. I'll be calling this evening.

Thanks for the heads up!

Texmusic, I called. I wasn't suppose to be charged on the card because of having the dining plan. I did my reservations online and probably missed clicking something.

What I was told is, I could have it refunded and rebooked. But, they have the seating in kind of a priority list according to when you booked, which for us was right at the 180 day mark. So, if I was refunded now, it would be rebooked and I would end up on the bottom of the list.

Instead, they told me I could get it sorted out when I am there, either at my resort desk possibly or at the Hoop Dee Doo when I arrive. They said it wouldn't be a problem and such I wouldn't be put at the bottom of the list by refunding and rebooking now. I'll talk to the resort on that day, or just wait until I get there to tell them the mixup and it will be on the dining plan.

Yeah, I booked two reservations one through Disney and the other Online and was charged even though I put in my reservation info and it found me on the system. No big deal I will talk to the hotel when I get there next month.

Thank you!!

Just called. The person that I booked the reservation with forgot to click the DxDP when I made the reservation. OOPS So she booked a new reservation at a better seating level and refunded my acct.

You cannot book dinner shows with the dining plan online. They must be done over the phone. This is why you were charged. Even with being linked to your ressie, it must charge your card. You will have to rebook and lose your place in line, ie get a lesser table. And it's possible that you won't be able to rebook, especially if you booked cat 1, which is only available on ddp at 9:30.

You definitely can book the dinner shows online using the Dining Plan. I booked the Hoop-Dee-Do for our upcoming trip right at the 180 day mark online and we are on the Dining Plan. My card was never charged.

Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter