Hoop-dee-doo or Spirit of Aloha

Daisy21015

Mouseketeer
Not sure if this is the correct place for this -

Which does everyone prefer - Hoop-dee-doo or Spirit of Aloah??

We will be going in January and I will have 3 kids - ages 10, 8 and 7.

Your thoughts are appreciated - Thank you :)

I think you'll find that the overall preference here is for the HDDR. That said, I like the SOAL much better. I really enjoyed the food and thought the show itself was better. HDDR was just too hokey for me!

They're totally different! DS and his DGF love Aloha, and I'm partial to HDDR. Take your pick! PS I guess that the alcohol at Aloha influenced him.

I love both!! But with children, I'd say the Hoop Dee Do Revue would be the best choice. It was so much fun!!! My DH actually likes it better than the luau. Either one, you'll have a great time.

My kids LOVE the HDDR and hated the Luau. I think they would get more out of the show at the HDDR. I like that one better too!

If you read the reviews at allearsnet, the average rating for HDDR is 8.9 while the luau only garners a 6.8. I've not done the luau, but have been to HDDR 7 times. I've done luaus in Hawaii, and don't care to see what Disney does.

Thank you all so much for you input. I think we have decided to do the Hoop-dee-doo. Again, many thanks.

Daren't go back to the Hoop de Hoo even though we really enjoyed the show (DH not quite so sure) My son 'stole' a napkin last year-he didn't realise they wash & re-use. Have decided to try Spirit of Aloha this time.

Go to the HDDR. we have done both and were very disappointed in the luau last year. The food was only fair, the show has become very cheesy and boring except for the native dancing the rest is like Lawrence Welk. My DS8 only liked the dancing the rest didn't interest him at all. One family with younger kids at the next table actually left mid show.

Now the HDDR I have never taken any child there that didn't enjoy it. Even my 14 yr old liked it. The food is good and kid friendly and the show is very fast moving, when it is over it is hard to believe you have been there as long as you have.

Another thing the luau gets canceled for bad weather.

We went to both in January, and will do both next January! (We're there Jan. 16-20, then on the Wonder). We loved HOOP, so it would be our first choice, but don't want to miss the Luau either. We're staying at the POLY. The kids loved both!

Glad you enjoyed enough to return to Aloha-we decided to give it a go even though mixed reviews are given as we were lucky enough to get free DDP. How old are your kids, mine are 12 & 14 do you think it'll appeal to them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter