Hoop Dee Do. - category 2 or what if you get the back of category 1

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
With a party of 7 what are the chances of getting a decent seat in Category 1 for the show. Have been before but never with a party of this size and have always had a table close to the stage. Will have a 7 year old so if sitting at the back will they have a difficult time seeing? Or should I just go for Category 2?

In the planning stage - trip isn’t until October so I will definitely book on 60 day mark.

Tables are assigned according to how early you book within each category. It's all about timing.

I agree with above. We went in July and were in the 2nd row of tables. There was a large table of 6-8 people right in front of the stage and another large table (possibly 10-12 guests? Not sure) in the very middle 4th row. So if you book ASAP when your window opens, you should be fine. And Category 1 will always be in front of Category 2!

I knew that the tables are assigned as they are booked, first come close to the front and such but I am always scared that a. Much if people had already booked the same day as me those 51 days prior to my 60 day. That is why I was asking about category 2 vs the back of the room. How is category 2 seating? I have sat in Category 3 before it was just ok.

So you can get there at the tail end of check in and it has no impact on where you’re seated? That’s surprising to me!
Yes, that's exactly right. No need to get there early or crowd the door.

Yes, that's exactly right. No need to get there early or crowd the door.
Good to know! That said, I have zero idea how early or late I booked. I’m guessing late, relatively speaking, as I booked on a 60+3 date.

I knew that the tables are assigned as they are booked, first come close to the front and such but I am always scared that a. Much if people had already booked the same day as me those 51 days prior to my 60 day. That is why I was asking about category 2 vs the back of the room. How is category 2 seating? I have sat in Category 3 before it was just ok.
We have been happy with category 2 seating. Both times we were seated mid room or closer along the left side when facing the stage. We had a great view and the players wandered throughout the room as part of the show so we didn’t feel we were at any disadvantage. Also the players would often stand to the side when they weren’t the key part of the show and would stop near our table to chat and take a picture. On our upcoming trip we are booked for category 1 because that was all that was available at 60+5 for the 8:30 pm show. So I guess we’ll see how different the two categories are.

We went in October and all they had available was category 2. I was really nervous and our seats were great, third row to the left of the stage. We were a party of 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter