Honeymoon resort

Leleluvsdis

DIS Veteran
DF and I are coming to WDW for 5 days before we leave on DCL on the following Sat. We were looking at either CSR or WL, would ASMo be just as magical, and save the money to get a room with a verandah on the cruise, or splurdge on the room at disney? The only resort on disney we've ever stayed at is SOG thanks to my Dad, but unfortunatly we aren't going to have this luctury when we go next year for your honeymoon. any question comments concerns or suggestions will be greaty appreciated.

DF and I are coming to WDW for 5 days before we leave on DCL on the following Sat. We were looking at either CSR or WL, would ASMo be just as magical, and save the money to get a room with a verandah on the cruise, or splurdge on the room at disney? The only resort on disney we've ever stayed at is SOG thanks to my Dad, but unfortunatly we aren't going to have this luctury when we go next year for your honeymoon. any question comments concerns or suggestions will be greaty appreciated.

This depends on how much time you're actually going to be at the resort. Are you planning on just sleeping there, or will you want to take romantic evening strolls around the premises and be pampered a bit? Would you rather wait to be pampered until the cruise?

I'd never stay at a Value if I could help it, especially on my honeymoon. Lots of kids, longer wait time for buses at park closing, basically a loud Holiday Inn or whatever. But like I said, if you're not going to be there except to sleep, and you really want the verandah on the cruise, it's not a big deal. It's STILL Disney.

CSR is kind of cool, very nice theming, with a pretty lake in the middle - great for a nice evening walk. WL just blows them both out of the water, though. It IS a deluxe. That's why we changed resorts - from POFQ to AKL. Having grown up at deluxe resorts, it was pretty hard to step down to a moderate. There is nothing like staying at a deluxe. Especially WL!

Hmmm... that's a hard decision.:scratchin I must say up front that ASMovies isn't too "honeymoonish". I would say stay at CSR or WL. But then again...to be upgraded to a verandah is a big :thumbsup2 I would never cruise again without having one. So this would be a hard thing for me to choose.

I'm assuming since you are only staying a few days in Disney, you would have a very busy schedule to fit everything in. In that case you wouldn't be in the room as much. So what would it matter if you staying at ASM or WL. It still has a pool and a bar ;)

I would say if the true vacation is your cruise and you just happened to add a few nights in Disney then go with ASM. At least your staying on property, right? Even though ASM isn't "honeymoonish", it is still a great resort as far as theming. And they have an awesome food court.

Thanks you 2 for your replies. The cruise is going to be our main honeymoon, and basically we are only going to be at the hotel at night. I've never been on a cruise before, and DF has only been on a cruise to no where, so we've both agreed on a verandah room for DCL. Are any of the other values better than the ASMo, I guess my question is if you've stayed at a value which is you fav and why?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter