Honeymoon planning

Shell820810

Mouseketeer
Hi

I am planning my honeymoon for next April (21st for one week), and now considering the idea of DVC rental.

I have the general gist (maybe?!) of what happens, so I was looking at the points charts for next April.

I dont really mind which resort, but perhaps OKW or Saratoga Springs, as they are closer to Downtown disney where we'd like to spend a view evenings.

So for OKW, 1 week is 109 points. (studio)

Are points normally $10 each? If so this would be $1090 for a week. Isnt this cheaper than a moderate?

So is it hard to get the points, or get availiability? Is it hard to sort out?
How soon do I need to book, and is it just a matter of waiting until something comes up?

Thanks in advance for the info.:yay:

You should post on the rent/trade board. I am a member who is looking for rentals at that same time because I'm running out of points. My daughter is getting married and I am also treating my son and a couple of friends to 5 days at Disney. You could probably get points for about 10.00 a point, but members are starting to want more. And rightfully so. It will still be a good deal even it was 15.00 point. I would either splurge and reserve either a 1 BR OKW - so sunny and spacious with a big romantic jacuzzi, or else I would rent an SSR studio. The OKW studio has two beds. The SSR studio has a bed and a couch that can be pulled out to a bed which can be used, but I bet not on a honeymoon! If you could avoid staying on Friday or Saturday night, your rental will be a lot less as they charge more points on Friday and Saturday nights. Some renters let you pay half now and half 30 days before or something like that so that the payments can be spread out. Go ahead and post and see what you get. My daughter is planning on getting married at the Swan/Dolphin on April 23. Good luck to you!

I havent any flights booked at the minute, so dont want to make any enquiries as I dont want to waste peoples time! Just sussing it out at the minute.

you definitely don't want to pay for points on Fri or Sat. either rent directly from CRO (Disney - WDTA) or have them go to another resort.

April 21 at okw for 4 nights (april 20 is sun) - is 44 points so that would be $440 to $616

you can get the bwv studio for the same nights - same price - standard view only.

SSR is 52 points so $520 to $728 for 4 nights there.

the AKV (which is the new one) a value is 11 points per night, 12 for a standard.
so again 44 points like OKW and BWV

so yes renting from a DVC owner is a good deal. Just don't do weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!