Honey they shrunk Cooke's menu & other observations from a Nov. 17 trip update 1/9 The End

ncc1701

Scotty I need Warp 10 to WDW
Hi everyone after years of reading and enjoying other people's dining reviews I have finally decided to one .
20171114_083513.jpg
Just a few introductions I am Nancy and my companion was my husband who will be called DH ( No photos of him) . I am retired but he is not yet :(.
We are in the NJ suburbs of Philadelphia and if you have flown into PHL over the stadiums you passed over our house a few minutes earlier.
We visited from 11/10 to 11/17 staying at POFQ. Ate at many old favorites and tried a few new ones. Hope you will enjoy

9Day one 11/10 We're on the way post 6 page 1
Day 1 11/10 We're Here & Lunch post 7
Day 1 11/10 A Room & Dinner post 12
Day 2 11/11 Food court breakfast post 13
Day 2 11/11 Lunch or it is Brunch GFC post 14
Day 2 11/11 Boatwright's Dinner post 16
Day 3 11/12 Crew's Cup Lunch post 21 page 2
Day 3 11/12 Polite Pig Dinner post 22
Day 4 11/13 Mama Melrose Lunch post 24
Day 4 11/13 Homecomin' Dinner post 28
Day 5 11/14 CP breakfast WPE lunch
Day 5 11/14 YSH part 1
Day 5 11/14 YSH part 2
Day 6 11/15 Cooke's Lunch page 3
Day 6 11/15 WPE Dinner page 3
Day 7 11/16 Homecomin' Lunch page 3
Day 7 11/16 The Boathouse Dinner page 4
Day 11/17 The End page 4

Last edited:

We actually started vacation on 11/9 when I picked DH up at the train around noon and we went to the local pub for lunch
Sorry no lunch photos . During the 1st part of the trip the camera on my phone was acting weird. I had a pulled pork sandwich and he had a chicken wrap.
location_image_Haddon_Township1 (1).png PJs is a local chain located in South Jersey & the PA suburbs of Philly. When we moved to our new home a few years ago staying within walking distance from PJs & the train were our requirements ( no kids so school district wasn't a consideration)
After lunch it was home to get our bags then off to the airport hotel as we had a 7:00am flight.
The next morning we quickly got through security and then stopped for our normal airport breakfast 20171110_045950.jpg
A Chick-fil-a breakfast biscuits and potatoes.
Our flight down left on time :cool1: and after 2 and half hours we were at MCO waiting for DME bus.

Day 1 We're Here and lunch time.

We had about a 20 minute or so wait once we got in line for our bus before we were on the way. I suppressed the urge to cheer when the driver said POFQ was the first stop ( only the 2nd time in 8 DME trips). Thirty minutes later we were back at our special place (DH and I had our honeymoon at POFQ).
Our room wasn' t ready ( it was only 11:00am) so we left the carryon bags at bell service and went in search of lunch.
Since it was a beautiful day we went off on the boat to Disney Springs. It is one of the reason we love staying here .
And we went to one of our standbys since our 1st visitPUCKentrance.jpg
It had been over 6 hours since breakfast so we just wanted food & didn't want to explore yet. We shared a cheese pizza and caesar salad. The pizza was a little soft in the middle but it and the salad were good and hit the spot. Not to mention my beer did too :drinking1My phone's camera was having issues with anything flash ( solved when a system update came a few days into the trip) So no pics
Then it was back to the boat for the ride back20171110_122821.jpg

Excited to hear about your trip! We are staying at POFQ in January.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do. The boat to DS and being able to walk up to POR are great perks . Plus the bus rides to MK , Epcot and DHS are not long.

Day 1 A Room & Dinner
We got back to POFQ after lunch and got our carryons from bell services so we could read our Nooks by the pool .20171110_161254.jpg
Purchased our refillable mugs and an adult beverage . By 3:15 no room text so I went to the front desk. Turns out in one system the room was ready but in another it wasn't . The joys of Disney IT. After a phone call by the CM to someone we got the room. Number 2232 perfect location 20171113_083924.jpg
After unpacking it was back to WPE. DH was in the mood for pasta so he went with Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs and I got the Meatloaf Sandwich. It is a good size piece of meatloaf with onion strings , smoked provolone and garlic aioli. The flavors work well together and the meatloaf is moist. After dinner we did some window shopping and headed back go POFQ. Had a drink at Scat Cats then bed .

Last edited:
Day 2 Food court breakfast

Next morning we were up and off to the food court for breakfast. Last year they were still doing the renovation so it was our 1st visit. Obviously whoever did the design hadn't spent breakfast rush hour there or if they did had budget constraints. The bottleneck at the cashregisters is still there the cold case is in the middle and needs to be larger. Then they put the bakery with beignets in the middle when it had been at the end so that adds to the crowd.. Not trying to scare anyone , just bring some patience. ;) and you will be fine.
20171112_075500.jpg
Our shared regular breakfast Mickey waffle , cereal , OJ and a breakfast meat. This photo is from later in the trip as we got bacon the 1st day. I realized after getting the plate country ham was an option so that won out over bad bacon going forward. The country ham was good ,not Honeymade but tasty. The waffles were in a warming tray but a CM was making new while orders were being filled. So they were pretty fresh and still warm.
We then took a taxi over to GF as I had a mani/ pedicure at Senses . DH took his mug and Nook to wander around and read while I was off doing my thing.

Last edited:
Day 2 Lunch or is it Brunch at GFC

I had my manicure & pedicure at the Senses Spa at the GF this morning. It is a birthday gift from DH on our last few trips. There was a new twist this time an adult beverage:yay: during the pedicure. Previously it had been flavored water. Choices were to have been champagne, white or red wine and a non alcoholic cider. Unfortunately someone didn't stock the fridge :confused3so no champagne or white wine. However the glass of red did hit the spot. After all it was 5:00 somewhere in Europe.
Afterwards I met up with DH and did some wandering around GF. They had the Gingerbread House up but it was a few days away from opening 20171111_111600.jpg
We decided to do lunch at the GFC before we left on our trip so I made us an ADR .
They have a combo breakfast/lunch menu.
I started with the GF Mimosa which has Grand Marnier included with the OJ and bubbly20171125_202243.jpg
After all by this time it was 5:00 in the land of my ancestors , Scotland .This is really good . I ordered the 2 egg breakfast with sausage, bacon & cheesy hashbrown casserole.20171111_120046.jpgFinally good bacon at WDW !!. The sausage was also good and the skin had a bite to it. Plus as you can see the sausage is thicker than the normal links. The casserole is a lot like the one you get at Cracker Barrel. It had a good balance of potatoes and cheese plus it was hot. I dislike lukewarm potatoes.
DH ordered a Caesars Salad with Chicken as the man knows he was going to get some of my food .
We passed on dessert and headed back via taxi to POFQ for pool time.

Last edited:
Thank you for the photo of the breakfast plate at the GFC! You just convinced me to make a dining reservation there for our next trip. :flower3: Loving your report!

DAY 2 11/11 Dinner at Boatwright's.

After we got back to POFQ we changed for the pool and headed down. Just as we got there the sky opened up and it started to pour. We took shelter in the overhang at Mardi Grog and waited for it to pass. About 20 minutes later the sun was out and we chilled by the pool until it was time to go up to POR for dinner.
Boatwright's has turned into our Saturday night dinner on the last few trips. DS is always very crowded on Saturday so we avoid it unless we plan to get there around 5:00.
I had a glass of Chardonnay (my go to wine) and we started with Ameila 's Salad. According to the menu it is mixed green with seasonal ingredients. The greens were spinach was was crisp and not wilted. It came with mozzarella, dried cranberries, cherry tomatoes & cornbread courtons with a balsamic vinegar dressing. Everything went well together.20171204_092500.jpg
Dinner here also includes cornbread with a sweet butter20171204_092421.jpg
We were good and didn't take the waitress up on a refill.
For dinner DH got Jambalaya 20171111_183645.jpg
This came with at least 4 large shrimp, plenty of sausage along with chicken. The rice was was cooked but not so much as to the turn into mush. The dish is spicy but not too much. The waitress asked if DH wanted it very spicy & he passed. He knew I wanted to try it and very spicy food is not my thing.:love2:. The only strange thing was the chicken was diced .Other places he has gotten Jambalaya it has had bigger pieces.
I ordered Shrimp & Grits and a refill of wine. I forgot to take a picture:(.
It was very creamy and there were plenty of shrimp unlike DH's dish these shrimp were the smaller ones. Personally I would have preferred they used the larger ones and had less. Overall we both enjoyed our meals and the waitress was good. And we didn't feel the meal was rushed which is an issue at WDW . It is why we stayed away from dinner in the parks .
We passed on dessert and after checking out the gift shop walked back to POFQ. It was a beautiful night and Mardi Grog was still open . Rather than going inside to Scat Cats we decided to stay outside for a beverage or two before heading back to our room.
20171111_193231.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for the photo of the breakfast plate at the GFC! You just convinced me to make a dining reservation there for our next trip. :flower3: Loving your report!
Thanks for reading along . Hope you have a good experience. On our last 2 visits we had good waiters and the food was good. Both times it was for lunch.
Sounds like such a relaxing time! Thank you for sharing photos with us! I just love POFQ...
Thanks for joining . Yes we did have a relaxing time. We do make some visits to the parks. But chilling by the pool :beach:
is an important part of vacation for us.

Day 1 We're Here and lunch time.

We had about a 20 minute or so wait once we got in line for our bus before we were on the way. I suppressed the urge to cheer when the driver said POFQ was the first stop ( only the 2nd time in 8 DME trips). Thirty minutes later we were back at our special place (DH and I had our honeymoon at POFQ).
Our room wasn' t ready ( it was only 11:00am) so we left the carryon bags at bell service and went in search of lunch.
Since it was a beautiful day we went off on the boat to Disney Springs. It is one of the reason we love staying here .
And we went to one of our standbys since our 1st visitView attachment 285560
It had been over 6 hours since breakfast so we just wanted food & didn't want to explore yet. We shared a cheese pizza and caesar salad. The pizza was a little soft in the middle but it and the salad were good and hit the spot. Not to mention my beer did too :drinking1My phone's camera was having issues with anything flash ( solved when a system update came a few days into the trip) So no pics
Then it was back to the boat for the ride backView attachment 285563
How was the boat ride? We are staying at riverside and I really want to ride the boat.

How was the boat ride? We are staying at riverside and I really want to ride the boat.
The boat ride is great better than the bus imo. From POFQ once you get off the dock it is about 15 minutes so add another 5 for POR. Both resorts drop off at the Marketplace dock behind Rainforest Cafe.
From 10:00am to 4:30 the two resorts share but then each gets their own boat. This year there was also a Pirate boat( had a Pirate flag). It seemed to pick up extras from the resorts. One evening after the POFQ boat was full we were waiting for the next when it came down from POR ( whose regular boat just went by )with about 10 people and picked up the handful of us . Just be prepared if you are going around dinner time to maybe have to wait for a second boat.There is a water taxi at DS that goes between their 3 docks .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!