Honest opinions please :)

orlandochick

Earning My Ears
Right, need some advice and opinions please. 9th Feb 2015, we sail on the 4 night dream Bahamian cruise. To cut a long story short, we are now thinking of flying to Orlando (from the UK) 2 days earlier than we had planned and I thought it would be a good idea to stay on resort at Disney and have a day in MK and a day at Blizzard Beach. I know this isn't cruise related, but I had also hoped, provided I can get reservations, to have a character breakfast at Cinderellas royal table. Now my question is this, do you think a day at MK including the character breakfast will take some of the magic of the cruise away? We do have 6 nights in Orlando after our cruise, we are doing discovery cove, Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch gardens. Would it be better to do MK after the cruise? I really can't decide. And definitely don't want to spoil any of the magic of the cruise. Final question, has anyone ever done goody bags for their kids for in the room on the cruise? If so what have you included?

Right, need some advice and opinions please. 9th Feb 2015, we sail on the 4 night dream Bahamian cruise.

To cut a long story short, we are now thinking of flying to Orlando (from the UK) 2 days earlier than we had planned and I thought it would be a good idea to stay on resort at Disney and have a day in MK and a day at Blizzard Beach. I know this isn't cruise related, but I had also hoped, provided I can get reservations, to have a character breakfast at Cinderellas royal table. Now my question is this, do you think a day at MK including the character breakfast will take some of the magic of the cruise away?

We do have 6 nights in Orlando after our cruise, we are doing discovery cove, Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch gardens. Would it be better to disney MK after the cruise? I really can't decide. And definitely don't want to spoil any of the magic of the cruise.

Final question, has anyone ever done goody bags for their kids for in the room on the cruise? If so what have you included?

Sounds a plan, it is two different things so they work together do not take away from the cruise, for short days yo max time in the MK we have stayed at the Contemporary to walk to MK this is good for character breakfast and if you do not get Cinderella The Contemporary has the best WDW Character Breakfast at chef Mickeys there from 7am.

I used to love land and sea trips. I guess if I were coming all the way from UK, I'd definitely do it while you are here, but I am not likely to repeat it after this last one with the new FP so called plus changes... if you don't know what I mean, read all about it on the THeme Parks and Strategies part of the forum. We had 2 base days at the Disney and we could BARELY fit in what we were looking to do. I've come to the conclusion that unlike last year, where we could hop 4 parks in a day, you now need at least a week, not just a few days, and that's why its hard to combine land and sea anymore with their new so called crown management...

We did 14 exclusive days at Disney parks last April, and in all honesty are also going back in 2017 where we will again concentrate solely on Disney parks. This time my in laws are coming and didn't fancy Disney, so the fact they've agreed to 1 day in MK Is amazing! I am aware of fast pass + but thanks for the info :)

I'm sitting at the pool of Art of Animation resort as I type this. Flew in yesterday, did MK today, doing AK tomorrow and hopping on Fantasy Saturday. It's a great way to start the vacation, tire yourself out for a couple days then relax for a a week on the ship. Royal Table is awesome but agree with PP about Chef Mickeys, great breakfast. I also recommend 1900 Park Fare for dinner at the GF, the Evil Stepmother, Anastasia, and Drusilla were great

This past Jan we did 3 days at WDW before our Disney Dream Cruise and all of it was wonderful. We did the Princess Breakfast at Epcot. Like others have said nothing takes away from the magic of a Disney Cruise. But keep in mind that Blizzard Beach could be closed in Feb if the temperatures are to low.

Nothing can take away the magic of the cruise. We stayed at POR for 2 days before our cruise and hopped MK & Epcot and it did not diminish the magic of the cruise in any way. Actually, it made us look forward to relaxing on the cruise that much more. :rotfl2:

Just a heads up, make your reservation for Cinderella's Royal Table as soon as your reservation window opens. It does sell out quickly!

We always do a day in one of the parks either before or after our cruise. Usually try and have a talk to the kids well in advance that we are only doing 1 park day and as a family try and figure what one we want to do. Usually we pick the park on if a seasonal event is going on that we have not been to before, did the Epcot Food Wine festival before our last cruise and the Flower and Garden festival the time before that. Have found that before seems to be a little better, like to relax on the cruise after DW and before kind of gets the kids in the Disney sprit. The kids prefer the cruise now to DW so would rather end our trips on that.

My advice is to make the most of your time in the park and not waste time in character lines (unless it is for one that won't be on the ship). One of the things that we love about the cruise is the one on one character interaction DD has. Each time I'm in Disney and walk by those huge lines in the hot sun and see the kids only get a photo, I appreciate cruising more. DD has had lengthy conversations with characters who were just walking around. Something you can't do in the park.

Blizzard Beach is not open in Feb. We have been to DW twice and it was closed for the winter.

In my experience in slower times/colder months (beginning of march and December specifically), they will have either BB or TL open, but not both.

In my experience in slower times/colder months (beginning of march and December specifically), they will have either BB or TL open, but not both.

This is what I'd read online, that they rotate each year between the two. We may not do either anyway, may do MK and HS instead. Then My 5 year old can go on tower of terror :)

Right, need some advice and opinions please. 9th Feb 2015, we sail on the 4 night dream Bahamian cruise. To cut a long story short, we are now thinking of flying to Orlando (from the UK) 2 days earlier than we had planned and I thought it would be a good idea to stay on resort at Disney and have a day in MK and a day at Blizzard Beach. I know this isn't cruise related, but I had also hoped, provided I can get reservations, to have a character breakfast at Cinderellas royal table. Now my question is this, do you think a day at MK including the character breakfast will take some of the magic of the cruise away? We do have 6 nights in Orlando after our cruise, we are doing discovery cove, Seaworld, Aquatica and Busch gardens. Would it be better to do MK after the cruise? I really can't decide. And definitely don't want to spoil any of the magic of the cruise. Final question, has anyone ever done goody bags for their kids for in the room on the cruise? If so what have you included?

We have visited the parks before cruising the last 4 years after flying in from the UK. It certainly doesn't take away from the cruise at all. We found the new fast pass + really great. We planned our main rides ahead, booked our dining and found it much more relaxing than turning up at the park with nothing booked. Haven't done a character breakfast at MK, but had a great character lunch at Crystal Palace there (Winnie the Pooh). If you only have 2 days, we wouldn't bother with park hopping and we wouldn't commit to a water park as the weather may not be up to it. Would definitely stay at a WDW resort for the convenience.

We won't park hop, plan on just magic kingdom and then possibly Hollywood studios or even Animal kingdom the second day. Just so hard to decide and we loved it all last year, it's tricky picking what to do and what to miss out on.

My DD 6 wants to definitely do bibbidi bobbidi boutique again, and it has crossed my mind to try and squish this in before the cruise so she's all done up ready !

May not have time though, in which case she can have it done on our last day and fly home like it instead :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter