Homewood Suites, LBV

ntz4disney

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Homewood Suites in Lake Buena Vista off Palm Parkway???? Thinking of staying there for a few nights in January and looking for feedback! We will have a car so we will not be using the hotel's bus transportation to the parks. Just looking for any info that might be out there ...thanks in advance!!!

don't know?

this one is not listed in 2009 AAA florida book. now the other Homewood suites are listed - so it seems strange.

It's a new hotel. A friend of mine works for the Hilton and we're booked for this summer. From my understanding, it's very nice!

I hope it lives up to the reviews on TripAdvisor ...I will let you know when we get back! I knew it was a newer hotel just wasn't sure how new. Its just my husband and I going so we can make anything work, add in free internet and complimentary morning breakfast buffet and an afternoon managers reception we will just deal with it! Hoping for a great getaway!!!

I cannot speek for LBV but I have stayed at a Homewood Suite hotel in Syracuse and it was great. We had a one bedroom unit. I should thing a newer property at LBV should be very nice. I would not worry.

It's a pretty new hotel. Not much for grounds, there is a small pool there. It is located adjacent to a Garden Inn.

It has nice, if plain rooms - they are all suites, meaning kitchenette, etc. Not quite a vacation home, this feels a lot less "Orlando" and a lot more business, so it may or may not be more appealing to you in that respect. Real comfy beds!

Location is a little further up Palm Parkway than the other hotels - almost by the Hilton Grand Vacation club. But this is not a bad location - instead of driving down Palm Parkway, drive up a mile or so and there is a ramp right to I-4 right there. In fact coming from some of the parks it is a little easier to get to because you drive up i-4 and get off at the Sea World exit.

Breakfast is so-so, not terrible, not great.

We just returned from our trip and must say this is a very nice place to stay. I would say this, you have to have a car to get here and there. Disney transportation is very limited and you have to prearrange each morning to get the shuttle services. We had a car, usually do so that was not an issue for us. Breakfast was OK, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage and come pmornings home fries or french toast. They also had cereal, yogurt and bagels to choose from. The one night we were there they had meatloaf and mac and cheese for dinner, I didn't eat it but my husband said it was OK ...it was crowded and people were up getting dinner and even waited from time to time for it so it wasn't that bad right?

Rooms were great, very big we had a 1BR Deluxe King room, and more then enough room for us. Kitchen area was adequate, we weren't there to cook but you certainly could have. Nice having a full sized frig too instead of the mini-frig. Free internet was a bonus, and we really enjoyed being there.

Would definately stay here again or be willing to stay at any Homewood Suites in the future!

We stayed at this Homewood Suites Dec 22 to Jan 6. The hotel is new and spotless. The beds are super comfortable and even the sofa bed was comfortable for teen DD. The morning breakfast was plentiful and did have a good variety. The evening reception was ok. We had beef stew one night, barbecue pork another night. The hotel was full since it was the holidays but the staff worked hard and were always friendly. The intersection of Palm Parkway and 535 was horrible. We would sometimes take 30 minutes to get through the light. After the holidays it was much better. We would definatley stay again.

Linda

I just booked this for April. Rate was pretty good considering Eastertime:eek: AAA 122.oo per night. I have paid more at Hershey PA in the summer at that Homewood Suites.
I have a deluxe king reserved also.NTZ4disney,could you tell what the difference was? I guessing maybe a little larger in size. We have stayed at Homewoods before and you cant beat them for the price and what you get. Any pictures would be great. I have seen some for trip advisor and on Hiltons website, could always use more. Glad its getting decent reviews.

We are here as I type this. First time staying at a Homewoods, its nice. No its not a resort, more like a nice hotel but you have a suite. I would definitly stay here again and I highly recommend it for those looking for a place to lay their head at night and want more room and home like comforts than you could ever get from a 1 room traditional hotel room.

Oh and the A/C units get nice and cold at night. There is a full size frige, 2 burner cooktop, microwave and dishwasher. No Washer/Dryer or Oven. At least not in the suite we are in.

I'll try to remember to snap some pics of our suite though I won't be able to post them till Monday evening since I forgot cord to connect my camera to my laptop.

Have a great time Swoop1. Will watch for pictures. Homewoods are great places we think..not the Ritz but then again not paying $400 a night either :)
ENJOY!

I am currently staying at Homewood Suites LBV for five nights on business and have the following advice to share.

The only room that I would reserve at this hotel is the 2 Queen Bed 1 BR Pool View Suite. I was in a Deluxe King 1 BR Suite the first three nights and had trouble sleeping due to the traffic noise on I-4. I was able to change to the 2Queen room for the last two nights and it is much nicer and quieter. I don't know if it is accurate or not, but the front desk told me that all King rooms have some exposure to the freeway.

I also found that the extra space in the Deluxe King to be of little value. There is an extra couch in the bedroom and a dressing area not found in the 2Queen, but I didn't think it made the room seem that much bigger. And the closet in the 2 Queen is larger and deeper than in the King. You cannot close the sliding closet door in the king without angling all the hangers. Strange design. The 2 Queen has a desk in the bedroom. The deluxe king did not.

Otherwise, I think this is a very nice hotel. The complementary breakfast and free limited menu meal at dinner time can be a real money saver. There's even free beer and wine with the evening meal.

BTW, with the sleeper sofa in the living room, the Queen suite can sleep six.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter