Homewood Suites LBV Just Back

nepean

Mouseketeer
Just back from 15 nights at the new Homewood Suites LBV. The hotel is quiet, clean and comfortable. The free breakfast is good. They rotate several dishes such as pancakes, bacon, sausage, ham, grits,french toast, western style eggs and always have scrambled eggs, two cereals, toast, bagels/or english muffins, and fresh fruit. The evening reception was good for a quick bit. They had beef stew and mashed potatoes, pulled pork with brocolli/cheese sauce, chicken and dumplings. I can't remember the rest.

The pool is located between the two hotels and is in the shade. Even before the weather got really cold the pool was very cool. I am not sure it is heated. The building only has 3 washers/dryers for everyone and it could be a long wait. The gym is basic.

The room has a full size fridge, micro, two burner stove top, dishwasher and a few cupboards. The two queen size beds were amazingly comfortable.
DD said the sofa bed was good.

We would happily stay again at the $99. rate we got that covered Christmas and New Years.

The only problem I am having is with Hilton Honours points. I booked two rooms on the same reservation, they were both in my name and I paid for both.(Christmas gift to sister and family) and they are only crediting points for one room because the hotel put the rooms on separate bills. I have complained and will hear back in 10 days. This infuriates me. I paid the total bill and their website says up to two rooms per stay for points. The hotel screwed up and issued two separate folio#s not my mistake. Hopefully I will get the points and miles if not I will take it up the chain of command. Other hotel chains we used on the trip (up to three rooms per stay) have all credited me all the points since I reserved the rooms and paid for them.

Linda

Thanks for the review! We are planning on staying here in Jan 2011 for a week using my DH's Hilton Honors points.

I hope you are able to get the points you rightly deserve. I know my DH has booked up to three rooms at the same time and given points for all three rooms.

Many thanks for the review, Linda. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Did the evening reception include beer and/or wine? It does at some Homewood Suites properties.

Yes they did serve beer and wine, but you had to ask for it. Occasionally, they would ask you but not usually.

Linda

Thank you for the review. I will be staying there in early March while on a business trip. It was between this and the Embassy Suites LBV. This one won out cause I like to cook some of my dinners when I travel. What cookware does the hotel provide?

You said the fitness room is just basic. Could you tell me if there is a pull-up bar in there or is there a machine for back exercises? All I can see from the hotel pics are bikes, treadmills, dumbbells and an adjustable bench. Is there any other notable equipment available?

Good luck with getting your points. Hilton can be a pain when trying to get points that are rightfully yours.

The kitchen has a toaster, coffee maker, set of dishes for 4, a few pots, some microwave cooking dishes, utensiles including spatula, can opener etc. It was actually well equipped. THe nightly reception Sun-Thursday was good most nights and I didn't bother to cook. Breakfast more than filling and the variety was good. The full size fridge is really nice.

I didn't pay a lot of attention in the fitness room but I don't remember a pull up bar. The equipment was new and DH said it was good.

I still haven't heard back from Hilton. I will call again next week which is beyond the ten days they requested. I am actually quite furious about this and intend to not let the matter drop. If Day's Inn can honour their points program in an efficient manner I would like to think that the "superior" Hilton can also do so. There is always the Marriott since they also seem capable of honouring their points.

Have fun in March

Linda

Got my points but not the right amount, 5,000+ less than it should be. Called again and this time it was corrected immediately. I have no idea how they lowered the nightly rate to give me less points, but I would have happily taken the refund and they could have kept the points. Now I will wait to see if I get my Airmiles.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!