Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista ~ Jan 30 - Feb 5, 2022

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
While I don't normally do reviews of hotels I know I have wondered how each hotel is operating "post COVID" and wasn't sure what to expect.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista, just off Palm Parkway outside Disney Springs. This hotel shares pool, hot tub, sport court, fitness center with Hilton Garden Inn LBV but they are two independent buildings. There are no parking or resort fees. We booked a 1 Bedroom with 2 Queen Beds (but includes a sofabed in LR). I picked my own room and chose 1st Floor to avoid elevators and facing pool to avoid noise from I-4 on other side. I did online check in and got a digital key on my phone so never went to the front desk. I checked out on my phone as well.

Our suite was nice size, bedroom huge. The table was small with 2 chairs but fine for us. There was also a small table in front of sofa one could eat at. The kitchen was great; sink, stove top, microwave, dishwasher and full size fridge/freezer. Fully stocked with dishes, pots, utensils, toaster, coffee maker. I reheated one leftover dinner one night so I appreciated the extra items.

Bath had sink outside, huge closet with safe, and then the shower/toilet room. The bedroom had a large desk and desk chair which DS#1 quickly claimed for his computer etc.

Breakfast was included and back to normal. We only ate two days there. Eggs, Meat, Potatoes or French Toast, Bagels, Toast, Muffins, Oatmeal, Cold Cereal, Yogurt, variety of juices, coffee, milk etc. Mon-Thurs they do an evening "reception" and we only were there one night. We went just to look as we were reheating the leftovers. They had salad (which we got to add to our dinner), soup, crackers & cheese cubes, fresh fruit, hummus & pita, beer and wine and soft drinks.

I was very curious if we were getting any housekeeping and was prepared to not get it as Hilton had announced it was no longer a commitment and up to each individual hotel. Well we got FULL HOUSEKEEPING and it was excellent. Our room smelled great each day on return, cleaned perfectly, beds perfect, bathroom clean, more toiletries each day, trash gone. I was very pleased, best housekeeping we've had in YEARS anywhere.

Parking lots full each night, seemed hotel was full but we rarely heard a peep from anywhere and any other guests we passed in hall were all wearing masks. Breakfast seemed well utilized but no issues with seating.

DS wanted to swim one night so we tried. Main pool is nice with zero entry and fountain but was not heated. He quickly moved to hot tub for about 10 minutes and then was done. Very nice lounge furniture, tables and chairs and towels provided.

Location is great, less than 10 minute to park at DS. We were at most parks in our parking spot in 15 minutes. MK was the farthest. What I love about the Palm Parkway area is not only easy access to all just outside of Disney Springs but we were only a couple blocks south of all the new construction both sides of Daryll Carter bridge. White Castle, Wendy's, Portillo, Chickfila, new Target, Panda Express, Aldi, Crumbl, Chicken Salad, Chipotle, Cheesecake Factory ... all the newer stores next to outlet mall and the outlet mall. If you plan Universal, you don't need to get on I-4 just drive up Palm Parkway all the way to the Universal parking garage, not a long drive at all. Also a brand new Advent Health ER location right by hotel.

Room was tasteful, in good condition, likely renovated in last 4-5 years. Furniture in good shape.

We drive so I don't know about shuttle.

Last edited:
Just wanted to let others know parking is now $17/night.
WOW, that is a bit much for that hotel. It def would impact me staying depending on nightly rate.

I checked one of my favorite Hiltons, Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South and parking is only $15, much better parking lot and very well lit (as opposed to HS).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter