Homemade cocktails on board?

More than half of this thread has been about what kind of cup to take your alcohol around the ship in....that's "getting around the rule".

I guess, I'll just have to start the complaint letters flowing to DCL to get bringing your own alcohol on board banished like smoking on your verandah. Enough complaints and DCL will issue a statement that ...."due to guest feedback...."

Didn't DCL attempt to ban bringing your own alcohol before? Didn't they reinstate the policy shortly after due to all the backlash they received? :confused3

If they ban it then they ban it but it really won't affect my cruise that much. Sure we like being able to carry on our own alcohol but we find that we actually buy more from DCL instead of drinking what we brought. It's nice to be able to enjoy a drink in our room but it's not a deal breaker for us.

You are absolutely correct that half of this thread was posters wanting to know about cups to put alcohol in. Not trying to be snarky but I don't think this thread is much different from the thread where smokers are saying they will continue to smoke on their verandahs.

We met 3 couples on our last 7 nighter. They brought on board a cheap mixer that they had purchased with several boxes of mixers and alcohol. At the end of the cruise they would leave the mixer for the crew. Beats the price of multiple mixed drinks and the crew gets a mixer for their room.

More than half of this thread has been about what kind of cup to take your alcohol around the ship in....that's "getting around the rule".

I guess, I'll just have to start the complaint letters flowing to DCL to get bringing your own alcohol on board banished like smoking on your verandah. Enough complaints and DCL will issue a statement that ...."due to guest feedback...."

Who is to say that people will be drinking alcohol from a cup they bring themselves? We bring our own cups with us for the 24 hr drink station. Those little flimsy paper cups do nothing in the summer sun except fall apart. I have NEVER brought alcohol on board and yet still carry around the cup I bring aboard.

Besides... One can carry around their alcohol in the worthless paper cups they give you.... Doesn't mean there is alcohol in them. Nor does it mean there isn't.

Unless someone checks every cup, it appears no one can do a single thing if someone consumes their own alcohol outside of their stateroom. Is it right for people to disobey the rules? No. Does it happen? Yes. But unless you get close enough to someone's drink, watch them mix it, or they tell you... You cannot prove they have a drink they made themselves outside of their stateroom.

Wow, bitter much?

Smoking on a verandah has a great impact on the enjoyment of OTHER guests being able to enjoy their verandah. Walking around on deck drinking alcohol brought onboard does NOT have an impact on other guests. Unless that guest is drunk. And they can just as easily get drunk on DCL's alcohol!

So I guess you are telling me you have NEVER bent the rules on anything? You act like it by the way you are always policing everyone.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Are you for real? Sorry you have such an awfully dull life that you spend your free time writing compliant letters to DCL and probably LOTS of other places. Careful you don't get a hand cramp from writing that flow of complaint letters.

We actually take our Magic Bullet with us for those that don't know it is a small blender.

We use such things s

ice cream ice and liquor and blendc

ice cream ice liquor espresso blend

fruit juice liquor ice blend

I usually get a drink of the day the first day an use that cup

If they did not allow me to do this I would drink coke or water they are not loosing money on me because i wouldn't spend the extra money on the alchohol.

Smoking on a verandah has a great impact on the enjoyment of OTHER guests being able to enjoy their verandah. Walking around on deck drinking alcohol brought onboard does NOT have an impact on other guests. Unless that guest is drunk. And they can just as easily get drunk on DCL's alcohol!

So I guess you are telling me you have NEVER bent the rules on anything? You act like it by the way you are always policing everyone.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Drinking alcohol you've brought on board yourself in a public area isn't bending the rule - it's breaking it.

People can try to justify all they want what they are doing but it's going against the terms and conditions you agreed to while booking the cruise.

If people aren't going to follow all the rules, then why follow any?

Smoke 1 cigarette on your balcony before bed while your neighbours aren't outside;
Let your 16 and 17 year old in the adult areas;
wear swimsuits in the dining room to dinner;
wear shorts to Palo.

Why not - it's just "bending the rules" and they don't harm anyone else.

After this, I'm through with this thread and people who never ever ever ever ever ever ever break rules of some sort. You're better than me. I'm human and NOT perfect! So I take my alcohol around! I've never stolen, cheated on test or taxes or my husband, never harmed anyone, and never broken the law, well except the times I've gone over the speed limit by a few miles when I'm in a pack of cars. Oh yeah, and a rolling stop here and there when no one else is around. Why don't you call the cops on me!

But I will continue to take my alcohol around. I won't be drunk. I won't be obnoxious, loud, ect, which says more than a lot of people when not drinking.

And guess what! Finally on our last night of our last cruise, after 35 nights on board, hubby wore shorts in the dining room! I guess the captain should have been called on us! And I wore flip flops!

Why don't I mind my business and you mind yours. :-).

It's not about one person being better than another.

If people are going to pick and choose which rules they are going to follow and which rules they are not going to follow, then it needs to be accepted that others are going to do the same.

I see so often on this board people who will post on one thread (how dare you even think about letting your 17 years, 364 day old into the adult area!) and then will say how they break the rules in another (no one stopped me from refilling my cup from the 40 ounce liquor bottle I had in my beach bag while I was at the adult pool, if Disney didn't want me to do it, they would make me stop so it's okay).

There are so many threads that pop up - "I know that the rule is x, but can I still do it anyways?"

I think people should be respectful of the rule of drinking your brought on board alcohol in your stateroom.

I actually do. Hence why I get a verandah every cruise. If I am going to be at the pool and want a drink I do buy it.

As to a prior poster asking if they tried to ban bringing alcohol on board previously, no, not that I am aware of.

Now, anymore recipes, because these have been fabulous!!! :thumbsup2

I really never thought of the ice cream mix for drinks! I am dying to try this, let alone be on board again!

As to a prior poster asking if they tried to ban bringing alcohol on board previously, no, not that I am aware of.

they did - it was very brief and almost immediately overturned. It never actually went into effect.

Here's the Disboard thread about it:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2789412&highlight=alcohol+banned

it would not surprise me if they either a) try it again in the future but with more notice or b) try to put some kind of limit (per person).

What princess Trisha is trying to point out is that some of the same people that are praising DCLs new no smoking on verandahs rule are actively breaking they rule about consuming alcohol the brought on board with them in public areas. The are also encouraging others to do so by giving tips on the types of cups they can use to hide it.

Seems a mite hypocritical to me...just sayin:rolleyes1.

Well, I would be very upset if that happened and think that, unless you are harmed by someone on board taking advantage of the policy, that I would not ever write letters trying to get this revocation reinstated!!! :mad: :furious:

I can try to see your point in the 2 sidedness (is that a word)

But I think the point on the smoking is, the second hand smoke and unless a large mistake is made by spilling a drink on someone this s not actually hurting anyone or making someone smell it or inhale it etc.t

Peach schnapps
strawberries grapes and oranges from buffet
smash the fruit in bottom of cup and something fizzy sprite or sparkling water

I'm a big fan of flavoured vodka (ie Smirnoff Sorbet light) over ice, filled with water and a few squirts of Mio (Crystal light drops, Nesfruta etc). Its delicious and a lot lighter and less sweeter than sugary juices. My favourite is the orange Smirnoff Sorbet (mango passionfruit I think) combined with the mango peach Mio

We discovered that the MIO water flavorign make great mixers, and are easy to carry, we mix the rum/whiskey or whatever and bit of water and flavor and put it on a water bottle add ice. and it enhances our magical time at the adult pool.

has anyone ever asked for a mickey bar shake?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter