Homecoming Brunch or Boma Breakfast?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
I didn't have a lot of luck getting ADRs at our favorite restaurants for our upcoming trip. I had planned on getting Homecoming brunch with no luck, so I booked Boma breakfast. We love both restaurants. We have never had brunch at Homecoming though. We were excited to try it. So we moved our plans around and decided to go to DS on a Thursday instead (have to get Gideon's and Everglazed!) and Boma is booked on a Saturday morning. We are DVC members and own at AKV, and this will be our last trip for awhile. Now that we have a Boma ADR, I'm kind of wanting to keep it and enjoy some time at AKV. But I was also looking forward to Homecoming. So should I keep Boma or should I keep looking for a Homecoming brunch ADR?

I’ve had both and they’re both amazing! But the food at Homecomin’ is not too different between brunch and lunch from what I remember. I’d book Homecomin’ for lunch and keep Boma brunch. That’s what I’m doing this trip.

I’ve had both and they’re both amazing! But the food at Homecomin’ is not too different between brunch and lunch from what I remember. I’d book Homecomin’ for lunch and keep Boma brunch. That’s what I’m doing this trip.
I wish I could eat that much! We are doing SH71 for dinner that night. There's no way we can handle three TS meals in one day. I will definitely have to narrow it down to one.

I feel like Homecoming is good (really good - great concept done well) but isn't altogether different than anything I can get elsewhere. Boma is that unique. I'd vote Boma every single day and ten times on Sunday.

They are both wonderful, yet completely different so you really can't compare. But I'll give you this tip. Supposedly Homecomin' holds more of their tables for walk ups vs reservations. It's one of the reasons it's so hard to get a reservation there. We've eaten there numerous times (always with a reservation) and yet every time I've overheard party after party join the walk up list as we were waiting for our table. If you're willing to wait a bit and don't try for a prime time, you should be able to get into Homecomin' without a reservation.

Boma by a huge margin. If you are looking for standard food then Homecomin would be a good option. If you are open to adventurous food options, then Boma is the only option. Never had a bad meal there.

I love both, but I'd pick Boma all day. Of course I live in the south, so I feel like I can get food similar to Homecomin easily. Boma has offerings I can't easily get anywhere else, and it's always a fantastic meal.

I have to agree with everyone else. We love both but if this is a sort of temporary farewell to Disney for a while, Boma just has more of that Disney magic that you can’t get off property. You can get a similar Homecomin’ experience in other places.

So should I keep Boma or should I keep looking for a Homecoming brunch ADR?
So I may not not be the best to answer this as I am not a fan of buffets. That was the case even before COVID. We LOVE Homecomin and the brunch is awesome but if this is going to be your last trip for a while, I would say, keep your ADR for Boma. Spend as much time as you can in your beautiful resort and take in all it has to offer to hold you until your return.

They are both wonderful, yet completely different so you really can't compare. But I'll give you this tip. Supposedly Homecomin' holds more of their tables for walk ups vs reservations. It's one of the reasons it's so hard to get a reservation there. We've eaten there numerous times (always with a reservation) and yet every time I've overheard party after party join the walk up list as we were waiting for our table. If you're willing to wait a bit and don't try for a prime time, you should be able to get into Homecomin' without a reservation.
You are probably right about being able to get a walk-up. I don't think I would want to take that chance though. It will be our last day of our trip, so if we wait until we get to DS to chance getting a walk-up at Homecoming, we will already have missed the opportunity to eat at Boma for breakfast.

Boma by a huge margin. If you are looking for standard food then Homecomin would be a good option. If you are open to adventurous food options, then Boma is the only option. Never had a bad meal there.
Well, we are NOT adventurous eaters. We tend not to like any of the restaurants at our home resort. But we have found that we LOVE Boma breakfast. There are many choices that are not adventurous. My DH loves the Krispie Kreme donuts! And yes, they are Krispie Kreme. I told him there was no way unless they had a sign beside them providing credit to the company, but lo and behold, a server came up and asked my DH how he was enjoying the Krispie Kreme donuts. He said they got them fresh there every morning. LOL!

So I may not not be the best to answer this as I am not a fan of buffets. That was the case even before COVID. We LOVE Homecomin and the brunch is awesome but if this is going to be your last trip for a while, I would say, keep your ADR for Boma. Spend as much time as you can in your beautiful resort and take in all it has to offer to hold you until your return.
We aren't a huge fan of buffets either, but we love Boma for breakfast. I changed the ADR to the very first time slot, so that we can get in and load up our plates. I'll also bring lots of hand sanitizer. I was trying to figure out a way to get over to AKV to say goodbye, so maybe it was meant to be that I didn't get that Homecoming brunch ADR.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter