Homecomin’ without ADR

kattimichele

Earning My Ears
We leave on Tuesday and I am counting down the hours! We should arrive at Pop around 1pm, plan to head straight to DHS for a late lunch and stay for Fantasmic! at 8pm.

After seeing so many good reviews about Homecomin’ I’m regretting not fitting it in so I’m doing some last minute rearrangements and thinking we could head to DS after Fantasmic! We are on the DDP, but I don’t want to “waste” a TS credit here because I think we’d rather split a few apps (those thigh high chicken biscuits are calling my name!) and get a few drinks at the bar. I also don’t want to get charged a no-show fee if we decide we’re too exhausted on arrival day. How likely would it be for us to show up around 9:30ish on a Tuesday and get some seats at the bar?

Now that my wheels are turning as I’m typing this out, we do also have a DDP breakfast planned at Trail’s End which will likely be our cheapest meal. Maybe we should use the DDP for Homecomin’ and pay OOP at TE. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Incredibly likely. I think people, in general, don’t realize bar seating is an option there. I was there on Thanksgiving night, walked in at 8, restaurant was packed and there were plenty of seats at the bar. And if, for some reason, the inside bar seats are full, be sure to check the seats that are “outside” on the patio but still connected to the bar. But going as late as you suggest, I don’t think you’ll have an issue.

I can't speak to the dining plan, but we've been able to get a seat in the bar area without any issue and it was much earlier in the evening than you described. And I think you're on the right track with apps. The biscuits are a thing of beauty and the hushpuppies are fantastic too!

We always grab a seat at the bar. So many great cocktails ( our favorites are The Local and Old Fashioned Elder). Never been that late in the evening but with it being a Tuesday night I would imagine that you would most likely be able to grab a seat. The two apps you mentioned are also two of our favorites. Enjoy!!!!

Not sure about Homecoming but several DS restaurants take direct reservations as well that are not subject to a cancellation fee. In fact, it’s the best way to get a reservation after 3:30 and before 9:00 at several places. You may try calling direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter