Home for the Holidays! ~ a magical December 2022 trip report. New PTR link 03/26

Rainbow Rules. I think it came from China but it really didn't take too long.
I have seen that shop and they have some nice things. How did you find the quality and sizing?
Great choice of rides. I missed LWTL when we were there, just too much to do. I also missed seeing the decorations at the Beach Club, Yacht Club and Boardwalk. Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome! :)
I'm hoping to finally meet @disneyAndi14 in April. So great you two met up and shared some rides.
You wil love Caroline. She is a sweetheart.

I have seen that shop and they have some nice things. How did you find the quality and sizing?

I have found the quality to be good so far. The sizing is good too, not overly large like Ambrie was. I just wish the dress had pockets. I purchased the sweetheart midi. The red strip on the front is just fabric on the front so I wore a wide red belt with it.

I have found the quality to be good so far. The sizing is good too, not overly large like Ambrie was. I just wish the dress had pockets. I purchased the sweetheart midi. The red strip on the front is just fabric on the front so I wore a wide red belt with it.
Thanks for letting me know. I may order from them for the summer. I love my Ambrie dresses but quickly found out you had to order down at least one size.

Back to Epcot!

After a very enjoyable exploration of the Epcot area resorts, I headed back through the International Gateway to meet up with Bill. The sun had come up now and it was turning out to be a gorgeous day. Of course I had to get a picture by the Epcot tree!
IMG_2338.jpeg
We decided to head around World Showcase, starting with Mexico of course! We perused the food booths as we walked but nothing really struck our fancy yet. Bill had never been in the China pavillion so we headed there to explore a bit. He decided to watch Reflections of China while I headed back to Guardians for the Christmas remix. It was so fun even though I was sad Bill didn't feel up to it. I went back to China to meet up with him again (yes lots of walking) and got to see the cutest littles meeting with Mulan. The musicians were out in front of the pavilion playing traditional Chinese insturments so we listened to that for a bit. Then we thought if we wanted to eat a little something for unch we had better get it now as our dinner reservation was at 4. So we went to the American pavilion to try the turkey dinner. This was surprisingly delicious with two big pieces of turkey, potato and green beans.
IMG_2339.jpeg
I wanted to get the sushi tree from Japan so we headed there next. This was an one and done...it's very cute for Instagram photos but we found it quite bland.
IMG_2340.jpeg
Caroline had texted letting me know she was heading back to the park now so we decided to meet up near Mexico. Of course that meant going to La Cava! I love La Cava but I do not love the prices. Definitely an once a trip visit.

We got our drinks to go and walked back towards Germany as we were meeting Cloe and Dan for dinner at Biergarten. I had never dined at Biergarten before as I wasn't sure about the food there. Boy was I wrong...the food was delcious! I really loved the entertainment as well, they put on a great show and the littles up dancing were the cutest. The best of all was the fantastic company. It was so nice to chat with Cloe, Dan and Caroline as we all enjoyed the delicious meal.
IMG_2345.jpeg
After dinner, Cloe and Dan went to get some photos and chill a bit. Caroline, Bill and I were keen to see Living with the Land at night. Believe me, it did not disappoint. It was just so magical all lit up and well worth the wait.
IMG_2351.jpeg

IMG_2352.jpeg

We made our way back to the American Gardens theatre to line up for the Candlelight Processional. Cloe and Dan had very kindly saved seats for us, so once we made our way through the line we were able to join them. Our nararator was Josh Gad and he was fabulous! I am so glad I got to experience this magical event again.
IMG_2357.jpeg
It was extra hours tonight for deluxe hotel guests but we were all done. We said our goodbyes to Cloe and Dan and made our way to the front of the park. Spaceship Earth was looking beautiful as always.
IMG_2359.jpeg

I had Bill take a photo of Caroline and I before we left the park. What a fun day we had togehter! :)
IMG_2365.jpeg

Sadly we were leaving the next afternoon to head home but we had one last morning to enjoy. That's coming up next!

Last edited:
What a wonderful Epcot evening! I've heard great things from Biergarten. Alex isn't a fan of buffets, but I feel like this is a restaurant we'll have to try one day.
And what a fun DISmeet dinner! I'm sure you all had a great time chatting and spending time together. It's great seeing DIS friends in the parks.

This was a great evening! I loved my drink from LaCava but wow you are right, the prices are crazy! Thanks for the tip on the cucumber margarita it was delicious!
I also really loved the food at Biergarten and would not really plan to go there with Andi so it worked out great
I remember the park was very busy that evening. I think Josh Gad brought a lot of people to Epcot this night!
I loved how something so simple as lights and holiday magic could make LWTL so cool. It was worth the long walk!
I wish we were all at Epcot right now! It is only 5 above zero here, yuck!

Another great afternoon and night. It's really fabulous that you got to enjoy drinks, dinner and CP with Dis Friends. I'm still tying to get Dennis to try Biergarten.

Your Epcot day sounds like it was a big success. :)

We've had both a great meal at Biergarten with Dis friends and a just okay meal with my sister in August. I think I missed some of the food that was at the other serving station. ; It is a great place to go with a group. The entertainment is a lot of fun. :)

We saw the entire Candlelight Processional for the first time on this past December trip and really enjoyed it. In the past we just sat outside the pavilion and just walked away when bored. The standby line was great and we had good seats. I think the trick is to go when it isn't someone famous doing the narration. :)

I think your trip report prompted me to book a trip to WL at Christmastime. I know the lodge gets booked up early. :)

Such a fun night with you guys! Bummed we never made it over to Living with the Land for the holiday overlay but it just wasnt in the cards for us haha glad you enjoyed Biergarten! It really is so underrated!

What a wonderful Epcot evening! I've heard great things from Biergarten. Alex isn't a fan of buffets, but I feel like this is a restaurant we'll have to try one day.
And what a fun DISmeet dinner! I'm sure you all had a great time chatting and spending time together. It's great seeing DIS friends in the parks.
We had the best time. I typically am not a big buffet person either but Biergarten was so good! I was obsessed with the cucumber salad, the roasted beets, the beer cheese soup and the pretzel rolls. There were so many good choices.
This was a great evening! I loved my drink from LaCava but wow you are right, the prices are crazy! Thanks for the tip on the cucumber margarita it was delicious!
I can't believe how much the prices have gone up! I remember getting that same drink for $14 a few years ago!
I also really loved the food at Biergarten and would not really plan to go there with Andi so it worked out great
I liked it so much I am considering taking the twins there this summer!
I remember the park was very busy that evening. I think Josh Gad brought a lot of people to Epcot this night!
It was packed! Remember when we were walking back to LwtL after dinner?We had to do Andi's duck and weave to navigate the crowds.
I wish we were all at Epcot right now! It is only 5 above zero here, yuck!
Brrrr! It is -8 C (18 F) here this morning and that is cold enough for me. Wouldn't it be awesome to be at Festival of the Arts right now?
Another great afternoon and night. It's really fabulous that you got to enjoy drinks, dinner and CP with Dis Friends. I'm still tying to get Dennis to try Biergarten.
That was such a fun day! I hadn't done an open to close park day in years so my feet were really feeling it by the end of the day. That's the day I did 28,000 steps. I think Dennis would really like Biergarten. Bill wasn't sure either and he loved it.
We saw the entire Candlelight Processional for the first time on this past December trip and really enjoyed it. In the past we just sat outside the pavilion and just walked away when bored. The standby line was great and we had good seats. I think the trick is to go when it isn't someone famous doing the narration. :)
It really is such a special show.
We've had both a great meal at Biergarten with Dis friends and a just okay meal with my sister in August. I think I missed some of the food that was at the other serving station. ; It is a great place to go with a group. The entertainment is a lot of fun. :)
The salads were the standout for me, especially the cucumber and beet. They had a fantastic selection.
I think your trip report prompted me to book a trip to WL at Christmastime. I know the lodge gets booked up early. :)
Yay! I wish I could go again this year but we are saving for our 25th anniversary trip to Disneyland and Aulani in summer of 2024.
Such a fun night with you guys! Bummed we never made it over to Living with the Land for the holiday overlay but it just wasnt in the cards for us haha glad you enjoyed Biergarten! It really is so underrated!
It was awesome to spend time together! You must be getting so excited for your February trip!

We had the best time. I typically am not a big buffet person either but Biergarten was so good! I was obsessed with the cucumber salad, the roasted beets, the beer cheese soup and the pretzel rolls. There were so many good choices.

I can't believe how much the prices have gone up! I remember getting that same drink for $14 a few years ago!

I liked it so much I am considering taking the twins there this summer!

It was packed! Remember when we were walking back to LwtL after dinner?We had to do Andi's duck and weave to navigate the crowds.

Brrrr! It is -8 C (18 F) here this morning and that is cold enough for me. Wouldn't it be awesome to be at Festival of the Arts right now?

That was such a fun day! I hadn't done an open to close park day in years so my feet were really feeling it by the end of the day. That's the day I did 28,000 steps. I think Dennis would really like Biergarten. Bill wasn't sure either and he loved it.

It really is such a special show.

The salads were the standout for me, especially the cucumber and beet. They had a fantastic selection.

Yay! I wish I could go again this year but we are saving for our 25th anniversary trip to Disneyland and Aulani in summer of 2024.

It was awesome to spend time together! You must be getting so excited for your February trip!

Getting very excited! :love:

Of course I had to get a picture by the Epcot tree!
Of course! I mean... look at your top... You kinda have to. :)
We decided to head around World Showcase, starting with Mexico of course!
Oh sure... turn your back on Canada. Traitor!
I headed back to Guardians for the Christmas remix. It was so fun even though I was sad Bill didn't feel up to it.
What is this???
So we went to the American pavilion to try the turkey dinner. This was surprisingly delicious with two big pieces of turkey, potato and green beans.
Huh! Dunno if that would've been on my radar, but it sure sounds good.
I wanted to get the sushi tree from Japan so we headed there next. This was an one and done...it's very cute for Instagram photos but we found it quite bland.
Meh. Pretty, like you said, but... taste trumps all.
Caroline had texted letting me know she was heading back to the park now so we decided to meet up near Mexico. Of course that meant going to La Cava!
Of course! It is the place to meet! :)
We got our drinks to go and walked back towards Germany as we were meeting Cloe and Dan for dinner at Biergarten.
Nice. I've not met them but have read some of her TRs. Don't think she's writing anymore?
I had never dined at Biergarten before as I wasn't sure about the food there. Boy was I wrong...the food was delcious!
::yes::
Love Biergarten.
The best of all was the fantastic company. It was so nice to chat with Cloe, Dan and Caroline as we all enjoyed the delicious meal.
:goodvibes
IMG_2345.jpeg
I have met (briefly) exactly 20% of the people in this photo (not counting the extras in the background), and yet I know or know of all of them.
Caroline, Bill and I were keen to see Living with the Land at night. Believe me, it did not disappoint. It was just so magical all lit up and well worth the wait.
Really! Okay! Need to put that on the list.
Cloe and Dan had very kindly saved seats for us
Nice of them. :)
I had Bill take a photo of Caroline and I before we left the park. What a fun day we had togehter! :)
IMG_2365.jpeg
Lovely shot of the two of you. :)
It is only 5 above zero here, yuck!
Brrrr! It is -8 C (18 F) here this morning and that is cold enough for me.
Umm... sooo...

Today's low is forecast to be -26F (-32C)

Oh sure... turn your back on Canada. Traitor!
You know as well as I do the Canadian pavilion is a disaster. They don't even mention the Maritimes!
What is this???
The Christmas overlay on GotG.
Huh! Dunno if that would've been on my radar, but it sure sounds good.
This was a Bill pick but I really enjoyed it too.
Of course! It is the place to meet! :)
The best!
Nice. I've not met them but have read some of her TRs. Don't think she's writing anymore?
She has an awesome YouTube channel now. Cloe and Dan vlogs.
I have met (briefly) exactly 20% of the people in this photo (not counting the extras in the background), and yet I know or know of all of them.
Isn't that the best thing about these boards? Strangers turn into friends. :)
Really! Okay! Need to put that on the list.
You will love it!
Umm... sooo...

Today's low is forecast to be -26F (-32C)
That is wrong on so many levels.......

Although today we have a polar vortex in play and it is currently -20 C (-4F) and I cannot deal with it. I am a bad Canadian.

You know as well as I do the Canadian pavilion is a disaster. They don't even mention the Maritimes!
You'd think they'd make Saskatchewan the main focus..........

no?
The Christmas overlay on GotG.
I had no idea they did that... or could do that!
She has an awesome YouTube channel now. Cloe and Dan vlogs.
Ah. I'm not really one for vlogs though.
Isn't that the best thing about these boards? Strangers turn into friends. :)
::yes::
That is wrong on so many levels.......
Levels below zero...
Although today we have a polar vortex in play and it is currently -20 C (-4F) and I cannot deal with it. I am a bad Canadian.
:laughing: Or a normal human with a freezing to death aversion.

All good things must come to an end.

Sadly we had to go home today. Our pickup wasn't until 11:00 so we were determined to make the most of our last bit of time. For me that meant heading to my secret fireplace for a peaceful morning coffee.

IMG_2367.jpeg

I was also in charge of bringing breakfast back to Bill so mobile ordered Mickey waffles (kids for me and regular for Bill). They hit the spot as we enjoyed them in the morning sunshine on our patio.
IMG_2368.jpeg
Once breakfast was done, we finished packing up and decided to go for a walk down by the cabin path. We were happy to see an open house at one of the cabins and decided to pop in. Friends, this might be as close as I ever get to getting in one. If you ever have a chance to take a tour, I highly recommend it. They truly are stunning! Going further down the path after pur tour, we discovered a BBQ set up with picnic tables and two gas grills. What an awesome spot to have a family BBQ! And then we found a basketball half court. I love discovering new spaces in a resort I thought I knew well.

Coming back down by the path we popped by Geyser which was still closed. We decided to do a little Bay Lake photo shoot instead.
IMG_2369.jpeg
IMG_2371.jpeg
We knew we had to pop back to the room and collect our luggage as well as call Bell Services for our owner's locker. It had been such a perfect few days that went by way too fast. We hung out in the lobby for a bit, just taking in the ambiance of the beautiful lobby one more time. Of course we had to do a few more photos by the tree. :)
IMG_2375.jpeg

IMG_2379.jpeg
We had an awesome Lyft driver to the airport and a minimal wait at security. Of course we popped in to Vin Volo for a glass of wine and some nibblies. One last hurrah before heading back to reality!
C9CD4B40-88E1-46A4-AB2E-7B4B175117E7.jpg

Our flight home was uneventful and we were through customs in Toronto in 20 minutes! What fantastic luck we had this trip. I did not appreciate my outfit choice the next day heading to work... very different from the warmnth and sun the day before.
IMG_2383.jpeg

I am so glad we had a chance to experience Disney at Christmas together. Thanks to all of you for reading along as I relived 4 magical days. Now to plan the next trip! See you all real soon!

Sadly we had to go home today.
Nooooo... Don't go!
For me that meant heading to my secret fireplace for a peaceful morning coffee.

IMG_2367.jpeg
That just looks so cozy.
Wanna go right now.
mobile ordered Mickey waffles
I'm not a waffles fan so much anyways, so don't know. I presume you do not get maple syrup with them?
We were happy to see an open house at one of the cabins and decided to pop in.
Oh, cool!
Of course we popped in to Vin Volo for a glass of wine and some nibblies.
I've never heard of this! And you say it's on the air side?
I did not appreciate my outfit choice the next day heading to work... very different from the warmnth and sun the day before.
IMG_2383.jpeg
:laughing: Just a little bit different!
Thanks to all of you for reading along as I relived 4 magical days. Now to plan the next trip! See you all real soon!
Thanks for telling us all about it! :)

I loved travelling along with you and Bill.
Not long until your next adventure so at least you have that lovely sunshine to look forward to again soon. :goodvibes

What a peaceful morning at WL. I had no idea there was a basketball court at the resort. The deluxes are so much bigger than people first imagine.

Yuck, I do not envy your winters. :sad2: I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed I don't move somewhere that cold next!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter