Home Alone Reboot

If the director/producer was alive for the first iteration, it’s too soon to do a remake.

Hitchcock & Cecil B. DeMille both remade some of their own movies. DeMille made two versions of The Ten Commandments. Hitchcock remade The Man Who Knew Too Much.

And there are other examples. John Woo, George Sluizer, Yasujirō Ozu

"We are also focused on leveraging Fox's vast library of great titles to further enrich the content mix on our... platforms -- for example, reimagining 'Home Alone,' 'Night at the Museum,' 'Cheaper by the Dozen' and 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' for a new generation on Disney+" - Iger

I mean, Home Alone is the oldest of those four movies!

https___blogs-images.forbes.com_robcain_files_2017_10_Kevin-Home-Alone.jpg

A) I hate to see them mess with movies we all remember.

B) In today's "kids can't be out of adult reach for 3 seconds" culture, how will they even manage to complete the story. - Someone would probably call CPS as soon as he walked into the store alone. :(
:rotfl2::rotfl2:so true.
Its a different world now.

A) I hate to see them mess with movies we all remember.

B) In today's "kids can't be out of adult reach for 3 seconds" culture, how will they even manage to complete the story. - Someone would probably call CPS as soon as he walked into the store alone. :(

A quick cell call would have saved so many problems.

A quick cell call would have saved so many problems.

They'll find a way around the cell phone angle -- the weather knocked out cell service; the cell phone accidentally was lost, stolen, or left on the plane.

I'm doing the wait and see thing too. Still wish Disney hadn't rebooted Parent Trap. What's next, Ol Yeller with a German Shepherd? Ol Shep?

I don't mind reboots or remakes. It doesn't take away my love of the original. I think it could be interesting how they get around the technology aspect with everyone having cell phones and whatnot.

I am not too upset by this. The original IS a classic. BUT remember Disney movies of the week? I grew up watching lots of reboots and "sequels" on the Wonderful World of Disney. I am just going to look at this as a tv movie of the week on Disney+.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter