Holy August &September car rental rates $$$$$

t's simply easier to drive everywhere.

I would not call it easier to have to drive yourself to the parks. Nothing is easier then getting on a bus and not thinking about it. It is definitely faster, but I would rather just sit my butt on a bus then having to deal with all of the crazy driving tourists. We have all day to be at the parks, another 20 minutes waiting on the bus is no big deal in the big picture.

I would not call it easier to have to drive yourself to the parks. Nothing is easier then getting on a bus and not thinking about it. It is definitely faster, but I would rather just sit my butt on a bus then having to deal with all of the crazy driving tourists. We have all day to be at the parks, another 20 minutes waiting on the bus is no big deal in the big picture.

This is why we are returning our rental at Disney. Pick up at MCO, go visit family for several days and then when we arrive at Disney check in and drop the car off! Vacation for us means leave the driving to someone else! Funny, as many times as we’ve been there we have NO IDEA how to get from our resort to ANY park!!:rotfl2:

We only drive to AK, take the bus to MK and walk to studios and Epcot. We always rent a car. We are also passholders for universal studios. I’m not worried, as September is generally one of the lower times for rental cars. September is our 4th trip so far this year, with a November one too. We need a rental for 2 weeks. Right now it’s $400 for a full size with Alamo. My goal is $300, but my last couple of trips didn’t see drops until 2 weeks prior to the trips.

We needed a 12 day rental at the beginning of June. My rate dropped just 6 days before our trip. We paid only $258 for a midsize SUV for 12 days. Check those rates EVERY DAY.

Do you recall which company and what was the make of the SUV?

Thank you! Did you reserve through Costco site or Alamo or somewhere else?
I checked every day through the Costco site because it is quick and easy to do. I think I changed the rental confirmation about 10 times in the course of 6 months with at least 4 of those in the last few weeks.

Alamo dropped for me this week. My 2 week full size rental dropped from $400 to $351. My dates are sep 9-22

The price is $355.99 this morning. Still hoping for under $300.

Last edited:
I used the $30 coupon ad2365fdn and the WDW passholder code 860292

Alamo dropped for me this week. My 2 week full size rental dropped from $400 to $351. My dates are sep 9-22

The price is $355.99 this morning. Still hoping for under $300.

Promise the share? I am used to it being under $300, too. I have been checking but probably too many companies and sites and options (split rental, picking up near WDW). I want MCO > MCO

Checked National off (WOW high). I had another code for APs w/ Alamo- and it was worthless.

Mine is still higher than yours for less days. $377 but so much better than the original 700s and my booked-yesterday for $433.

Promise the share? I am used to it being under $300, too. I have been checking but probably too many companies and sites and options (split rental, picking up near WDW). I want MCO > MCO

Checked National off (WOW high). I had another code for APs w/ Alamo- and it was worthless.

Mine is still higher than yours for less days. $377 but so much better than the original 700s and my booked-yesterday for $433.

Absolutely will share. Yea the passholder code 15000 doesn’t compare. I stick with Alamo and national. Both companies have always been good to us.

Dollar is on the way down for September.
Our 10 day minivan rental was hovering about $560 at the lowest I have seen .
Today got it down to $517 all in .
All I used was the southwest special on the Dollar site (10% off , and double points) .

Using the above codes for Alamo, it was about $539. for our dates .

We used to be mostly Alamo customers at MCO, but have been using Dollar lately (past several years) and they have been fantastic to deal with.
FYI , if you join the Dollar Express Club , you can bypass the Dollar line in the terminal, and go directly out to the garage ...........AND in MCO , you can also pick out your own car being a Dollar Express member ! (I know thats why most people like Alamo) .

Just used the above code and it saved me another $11.00 Better than Costco somehow. I am still way higher than I want to be for 10 days. ($366.90 for 8/10-8/20) for a standard. I also noticed if you play around with the times by just a half hour either or both ways that can really drop the price for some reason.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter