Hollywood Studios with no fast passes

cmayton

Earning My Ears
We are heading to Disney in June with our 3 and 5 year old daughters. We are going to go to Hollywood Studios one morning, but we are using our fastpasses at a different park in the afternoon. We want to all ride Toy Story together, and my husband and I also want to either do rider switch or single rider for Rock N' Roller Coaster. Since we won't have fastpasses, are we better off heading to Toy Story first or the Rock N' Roller Coaster? We plan to be there at park opening. The only other thing we really need to do there is the Disney Jr. show.

We are heading to Disney in June with our 3 and 5 year old daughters. We are going to go to Hollywood Studios one morning, but we are using our fastpasses at a different park in the afternoon. We want to all ride Toy Story together, and my husband and I also want to either do rider switch or single rider for Rock N' Roller Coaster. Since we won't have fastpasses, are we better off heading to Toy Story first or the Rock N' Roller Coaster? We plan to be there at park opening. The only other thing we really need to do there is the Disney Jr. show.
I say TSM.

Toy story because, toy story get much busier later in the day and if you go right over to R&RC right after you will probably be ok.

If you are there at park opening, I don't think it will matter much which way you do it. It really depends on what else you want to do there. In the first hour, you probably could go to TSM, then RNR child swap, and perhaps be in the queue for ToT. On a Saturday in February, we arrived just after the park opened ( a few minutes before 9 am and rode TSM, RNR, ToT, Great Movie Ride, and Star Tours all by 11am. Granted February is slower than June, but I think it is still possible.

Rope and head straight to TSM, you should be able to ride it twice and then still have no line for RRC and no line 2 to 3 times for TOT if needed!

We were first family through in July, Halloween and Christmas time and we usually do this run for every visit to the Studios. We have similar plans for all the parks and we only make evening fastpasses because we rely on our rope drops.

I don't know about that in June. I don't think I'd let the RNR line build while riding TSM for a second time.

TSM. The RRC line moves pretty briskly. When we went, the line for RRC was way out in the street, but we were on the ride in about twenty minutes.

I would definitely start at TSMM. Some times when we have been there they let people go down to TSMM before a 9AM opening and the ride opens a little before 9. If you are in the first wave you can get on and off TSMM by 9 or not much after. Even if you can't get on before 9, if you can ride single rider at RNRC the line should be very short when you arrive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter