Hollywood Studios rope drop strategies.

dsnybear

Earning My Ears
We're visiting HS in early March and have been mulling over strategies for rope drop on a one day visit. We are going with family that are big Star Wars fans so RotR and SR are priorities so we are getting a ILL for Rise and probably a LL for SR at 7am. Then RD RaRC and ToT. Does this sound like a good strategy? Any thoughts on this plan or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We're visiting HS in early March and have been mulling over strategies for rope drop on a one day visit. We are going with family that are big Star Wars fans so RotR and SR are priorities so we are getting a ILL for Rise and probably a LL for SR at 7am. Then RD RaRC and ToT. Does this sound like a good strategy? Any thoughts on this plan or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Are you staying at an on-site resort? You need that to be able to buy rise at 7. If you have that and SDD isn't a priority then this looks good.

If you are really big Star Wars fans, I think Rise is worth doing twice. Buy the LL and also rope drop it. You’d have to get up really early and probably even take an Uber to the park if you aren’t staying at resort within walking distance, but it’s worth it, that ride is awesome. You can get Genie+ reservations for ToT and RnR for later in the day without too much trouble. If Rise is running really early that day, you could run over to ToT and RnR right after with not much wait.

If you are really big Star Wars fans, I think Rise is worth doing twice. Buy the LL and also rope drop it. You’d have to get up really early and probably even take an Uber to the park if you aren’t staying at resort within walking distance, but it’s worth it, that ride is awesome. You can get Genie+ reservations for ToT and RnR for later in the day without too much trouble. If Rise is running really early that day, you could run over to ToT and RnR right after with not much wait.
We are staying at POR…why do you suggest needing to take an Uber if not on a resort within walking distance. Are the Disney busses not getting people there in time for early entry for resort guests?

We are staying at POR…why do you suggest needing to take an Uber if not on a resort within walking distance. Are the Disney busses not getting people there in time for early entry for resort guests?

they will get you there for early entry, but I don’t think they are going to get you there to be towards the front of the line for Rise. The people taking an Uber, walking and taking the Skyliner most likely will all beat you to the park. If you get there early, you can do both Galaxy’s Edge rides without a wait. To me, that’s worth the $10 Uber ride. The bus will still get you there fine, but you could still end up waiting 30 minutes or more for Rise.

they will get you there for early entry, but I don’t think they are going to get you there to be towards the front of the line for Rise. The people taking an Uber, walking and taking the Skyliner most likely will all beat you to the park. If you get there early, you can do both Galaxy’s Edge rides without a wait. To me, that’s worth the $10 Uber ride. The bus will still get you there fine, but you could still end up waiting 30 minutes or more for Rise.
Hmmm. Are Ubers allowed to pick you right up in front of your specific parking lot at the resort, or do they have to pick you up at the main lobby areas? I have a feeling our room is going to be far away from the main lobby

Hmmm. Are Ubers allowed to pick you right up in front of your specific parking lot at the resort, or do they have to pick you up at the main lobby areas? I have a feeling our room is going to be far away from the main lobby

Lobby is the default pick up and drop off point. I’ve never tried the other bus stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter