Hollywood Studios Lunch

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by hedge333, Feb 15, 2017.

1. hedge333

hedge333 Mouseketeer

We have never been to HS, but our girls have become big Star Wars fans, so we're going this trip. Where is the best place to grab a quick lunch? What is a favorite meal?

2. markandjen

markandjen Posts are often made without the guidance of Jen

We did a lunch at Brown Derby last fall during our trip. If you have the time it is a great opportunity to experience one of the great restaurants on property for a more reasonable price. We each had the Cobb salad appetizer and split 2 pieces of grapefruit cake. They did have a hamburger and chicken sandwich special. The hamburger looked amazing. Next month I have an ADR for a lunch during our trip and can't wait for that hamburger.

Micca and Kae like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. Minsc

Minsc Mouseketeer

Not a lot of great choices unless you are willing to do a TS. For quick food, we tend to stick with Backlot Express. Standard, serviceable QS food, but not spectacular. What do you guys typically like?

Hopefully likes this.
  5. 5DisneyNuts

5DisneyNuts Head might be in NY, but my heart is in WDW

SciFi Dine In is a very cool atmosphere and depending on what you order (sandwich/burger) can be around the same price as QS.

I am among the minority, but we like the PizzeRizzo QS - not bad pizza and salad - mainly for the atmosphere, especially now with the 2nd floor patio.

mmmagique likes this.
  6. Micca

Micca SAHG: Stay At Home Grandfather

I'd go for HBD or Sci-Fi. If you do Sci-Fi keep it simple--burgers/rings/shakes. DHS has the worst selection of eateries of the 4 main parks.

Hopefully likes this.
  7. Carie Young

Carie Young Earning My Ears

DIS Unplugged just reviewed Rosie's All-American Cafe (QS) and it looks decent (I have never been). As far as TS, we really like the 50's Prime Time, great theming and the food is decent.

Here is the link for the other review:

8. KT0191

KT0191 It's "Mr. Banana Beak" to you, Fuzzy

I'm a Rosie's fan and I also like Fairfax Faire. Backlot Express is also pretty good.

9. IrishNYC

IrishNYC DIS Veteran

50's Prime Time had great food, and was a lot of fun.

goopysolelady likes this.
  10. DWillowBay

DWillowBay DIS Veteran

For us, Backlot Express or ABC Commissary are great. I love the Mediterranean salad w/ chicken at ABC. It's fresh and the portion is large. Plenty of food for me.

11. vinotinto

vinotinto Just Keep Swimming

50's PT or HBD.

12. Daisybell911

Daisybell911 Looking for my Dinglehopper!

50's Prime Time is a must do every single time i go.

13. Storminion

Storminion Mouseketeer

50s Prime Time can be hard to get into but we love it. If we are just grabbing lunch then it is the ABC Commissary. The barbecue combo is great.

14. megs1313

megs1313 DIS Veteran

honestly, I don't think any of the TS are worth the $$ at DHS, so we do either backlot express or abc commissary.

lovethattink likes this.
  15. Anal Annie

Anal Annie at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it

We don't care for any of the quick service places at HS so we usually do TS (generally bounce between 50's Prime or Mama Melrose). Not huge fans of Sci-Fi or Hollywood & Vine. We have done the HBD outside terrace before and have an ADR for the TS on our upcoming summer trip. If we have to do quick service we usually end up at Backlot Express or ABC Commissary (although that's my least fav).

Hopefully likes this.
  16. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

I'm also not a fan of the QS at DHS, especially now that Starring Rolls is gone. I like Sci Fi Dine In for lunch.

TCRAIG likes this.
  17. halfpintpeggy

halfpintpeggy DIS Veteran

The dining choices at the studios leave something to be desired. Our favorite would be 50's Prime Time. To be honest though, while visiting the studios this is normally a day when we'll bring in our own lunches.

18. vicb

vicb DIS Veteran

We have switched over from 50's to SciFi.... we order burgers and sandwiches there (the turkey is big and sometimes my DD and I share). It is nice to sit down, cool off and rehydrate in Sci Fi,.

TCRAIG likes this.
  19. ppjluvsdvc

ppjluvsdvc Mouseketeer

Back lot express for us. Like the salads. TS takes too long for lunch.

20. MammaMoe48

MammaMoe48 DIS Veteran

If you want something quick then Backlot Express. I really liked their chicken nuggets/strips, crispy breading with a little kick to it. Reminded me a little of KFC.

21. biondagirl

biondagirl Mouseketeer

We like ABC Commissary for a quick meal.