Hollywood Studios day of MNSSHP or day after?

MTraub70

Earning My Ears
Myself, DH and DS(14) have tickets to MNSSHP on 8/30. We are coming over from Universal, staying the night at All Star Resort and then heading back to Universal the day after the party. We are thinking about doing a day at Hollywood Studios, should we do it the day of the party or the day after?

If you plan on getting there at rope drop, I’d personally do both on the same day.

We would, since we rarely need more than half a day at DHS to get in everything we want.

Enter MK at 4:00 or soon after. It gets terribly crowded along Main Street clear up to the Hub very quickly.

We make a beeline past the Plaza Restaurant and through Tomorrowland to do as many rides as we can before the official party startup. Gets us past the mob, and we've often walked onto 7DMT and other hot ones because CMs are starting to point non-partygoers toward the gate.

The lines have dropped substantially after about 4:30-5:00 in the past. No idea if that'll still be the case but worth a try, IMO. If it doesn't work, we'd probably pop back out to a QS for a meal and then go back into MK.

Thanks everyon, it looks like we’ll do both the same day. We were planning on rope dropping DHS all along. I just wasn’t sure if only being there for about a half day would be enough.

For us it would depend on how long it takes to do the attractions you wish at DHS. It tends to be a very busy park and is no longer a half day park for us as there is much more to do now (with longer waits) than in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter