Hollywood Studios Counter service?

disneydarling07

The answer to all worries-YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEY!
Hello! I have been looking at all the menus for the counter services spots in Hollywood Studios. Does anyone have any opinions on which is the best? Worst?
TIA!

We like to get one of each of the small plates from Baseline and just split it between three people with three beers or specialty drinks.

Docking Bay 7, Ronto's Roasters, ABC Commissary are probably the three best for me. Almost everything else QS I avoid.

I will say, other than PizzaRizzo, most problems I have in HS are related to the restaurants being stupid outdoor shadeless nightmares instead of the food being bad.

While not a meal, we got the 50th anniversary funnel cake with ice cream from epic eats, it's near Indiana Jones. It was amazing. It may be the first thing we hit on upcoming trip😍

I don't know why QS places get so much hate on these boards, not everyone want's a fancy meal. We tend to go during the hotter months so for us indoor seating is a must. We like pizza rizzo is it the best pizza no but there's nothing wrong with it and there's plenty of seating. We usually end up at backlot express which has basic burgers, good sandwiches and of course the wookie cookie. We have never been fans of any of the offerings at ABC commissary. I think that's it for indoor QS places, the rest are outdoors.

The Mediterranean-type salad at ABC Commissary is one of our favorites. We also end up at Backlot Express quite often because there's so much seating.

Our two best counter service meals were at the studios. The BBQ brisket at Woody's Lunchbox deserves all the praise it gets. Best counter service meal hands down. Seating is a bit of a challenge and it is outside so that's my only negative. We have always liked ABC Commissary and it didn't disappoint this trip. The food was good and it was nice and cold inside.

We like Docking Bay 7 and Backlot Express. On my most recent visit, I had the pulled pork burger at Backlot. It was very good!

While we don't eat much QS, in the past we have eaten at Backlot Express and enjoyed it. ABC has revamped their menu and it seems to get a lot of good reviews lately. I'm one of the few who is not a fan of Docking Bay 7. It was fine but not great for us. We tend to just grab a table at HBD Lounge. It's outside and doesn't have a full menu but works for us. I would suggest you look at menus since food is so subjective.

While the menu is pretty much basic theme park food, we really enjoy Backlot Express. Everything we've had there has been really good and we can usually find a table pretty easily. The Cuban sandwich was particularly good the last time we were there. Probably the worst meal we've ever had in all of WDW was at ABC Commissary but that was many years ago. I've seen so many good reviews of it recently that we will probably give it another chance at some point. Pizza Rizzo is a hard pass for us - but then so is most QS pizza at WDW. It all tastes the same (and that's not a good thing :rolleyes: ). I still have yet to try the famous Ronto Wrap, but it's definitely on our list.

Another vote for Ronto Wrap, for Backlot Express, and for ABC Commissary.

Woody's Lunchbox has a good selection and good food, but seating is an issue.

I would vote for Ronto Roaster or Docking Bay 7 (our favorite). haven't tried Woodys yet.
Pizza Rizzo is just bad.
Backlot express is OK if you just want burgers, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter