Hollywood and Vine for dinner??????

jenny-d

Mouseketeer
I made an ADR for the Fantasmic package at Hollywood and Vine. We have never dined there but now I'm reading some not-so-great reviews of it. Where else can we go? We didn't care for Mama Melrose last year. Is Brown Derby worth the 2 TS credits? We wouldn't have enough TS credits for it so I would have to cancel another one to go to Brown Derby. There aren't really any other TS options at MGM are there?

Thanks for any info!
Jen

We did that Fantasmic package during our last stay. Can't say I would do it again. The food was just okay - nothing to get excited about. It does seem as if the choice of TS there is limited.

I hate to see folks cancel restaurant ressies just because of bad reviews-especially for H&V since it's one of our favorites!

If you want to eat there-eat there! Otherwise, there's Mama Melrose and numerous CS.

Have fun!

We at there with the Fantasmic package a couple of years ago. We were not very impressed with the food, it was just ok. Plus, they sat us at this weird table... a long table up against a knee wall, so it was like we were sitting at a counter instead of a regular table with the 4 of us lined up. Didn't like that, but we didn't want to wait for another table since we were going to Fantasmic.

We did H&V a few years ago and it was awful...we waited an hour past our ADR time (there wasnt anywhere else to go), the place was filled with filthy tables piled high with dirty dishes, the food was not replenished and what was there was terrible and the service stunk.

We did MM and did not care for the food, it was very bland.

I would head to Epcot, BC/YC or BW for dining instead of sticking with MGM

We did the package once with H&V and were thoroughly Underwhelmed by the food, the seating (you're basically sharing personal space with the table next to you), and the service (we had to ask continually for refills and they never cleared the old plates away until the pile grew dangerously high):sad2: Truly, you don't have to do the package to get good seats to Fantasmic. We get better seats without doing it!:thumbsup2

I have ressies for MM so I wouldn't have to stand in line for Fantasmic but I hav:confused3 :confused3 e deceided to let them go based on reports you can get good seats for the show w/o ressies. I will be going on Oct 28th (Sun) Do you think it will be overcrowded? or should I keep my adr? Materdawg

To not have to stand in line for a good seat at Fantasmic I say the package is worth it. The seats aren't great, they are good. That said I would not spend 2TS credits just for Fantasmic. We spent one at H&V and enjoyed our dinner. Food was fine, I ate plenty, but it was the most average meal of the week. I wouldn't go out of my way to return. However, we did make orange floats for dessert, yum!

I say stick with your ADR!

I'd stick with your current ADR. I think it's hard to really tell if a restaurant is good for you unless you try it yourself.

That said, I've seen the negative reviews of Hollywood and Vine too and they always surprise me. My family has eaten there on our last few trips and we love it. The breads and flavored butters are good (my sister really likes them) and I love the turkey pot roast with mashed potatoes.

We did the Fantasmic package at H&V before. I SWORE I would never go back...but we are again this year. I am still trying to get it changed to MM but it's booked so far. DH really enjoyed the food there..but it was really bad to me and the service was horrible and people were rude. With that said......I will do it again if it means that we don't have to stand in line for Fantasmic. It's well worth it to us. So...I say keep the ADR. Maybe you will have a better experience.

We had a good experience at H&V in June. All the food was fresh and there were some unusual salad offerings that were excellent. DH ate about a ton of mussels and shrimp. The cornbread dish is out of this world yummy. My kids liked the various pasta dishes. The desserts were only o.k, but the kids liked dispensing their own soft serve ice cream and making sundaes. We had great service. The only downside was the long wait to be seated. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in reviews. We ate at some places that had a lot of rave reviews and they were among our worst meals. Everyone has different tastes and expectations. Try things for yourself and you might be pleasantly surprised. :thumbsup2

I hate to see folks cancel restaurant ressies just because of bad reviews-especially for H&V since it's one of our favorites!

If you want to eat there-eat there! Otherwise, there's Mama Melrose and numerous CS.

Have fun!

I'm the same way... I look at what everyone has to say, but in the end I won't know if I like it if I don't see for myself.

I went two years ago to H&V (me, mom, niece and nephew... both 7) and we all really enjoyed our meals. The food was good, hot and there were many choices to choose from.

I'd say go for it

I thought that the food was just OK...nothing special at all. DH liked it, but he will eat just about anything!
Personally, next time I would go for the 2 TS credits and eat at Brown Derby.

Hollywood and Vine was fine. It was the fantasmic package I didn't care for. If you go in peak season, it will be worth it. I went in off season and people just walked in right before show and got seated in the middle section. The package deal seats you off to the side.

We were at H&V in late August for the Fantasmic! package. The whole family got sick from the food. :scared1:

We will never be eating there again! :eek:

PP- Sorry you got ill, esp on vacation. We ate there on Sept. 3rd it was fine.

The Poll that asks for the worst buffet at WDW has a built it bias. It is relative to other buffets at WDW. I too might say H&V was the worst, but it wasn't bad. I ate well, I ate plenty. It was average, but not something I'd never do again because it was so bad. I'm unlikely to do it again because its at MGM (least favorite park) and nothing outstanding about the food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter