Holidays at WDW

Christmas is a notch above in my books. The decor in every park and at the resorts are much more extensive than at Hallowe'en. However, it depends on your timeframe. If you go early to mid December, crowds are great. If you're Dec 24-31st, I'd do Hallowe'en instead to avoid crazy crowds.

I love Christmas at WDW. The parks and resorts are just beautiful and I'm not really a fan of the Halloween decorating. MK closes early some nights for Halloween because of the party which is a bummer. If you time it just right, you can be there for both. I like to go some time in Sept. for F&W and then the week before Christmas week. Sometimes I'm able to miss the Halloween stuff that way and get the Christmas.

This right here!!!

We go every year for Christmas, usually around the 3rd of December up until the 17th…any time in there is perfect

My absolute favorite time to go is the first week and a half of December. Weather is usually perfect (except that one year when it was colder down in FL than it was in CT in December...), crowds aren't bad at all, and everything is decorated to the nines!

My absolute favorite time to go is the first week and a half of December. Weather is usually perfect (except that one year when it was colder down in FL than it was in CT in December...), crowds aren't bad at all, and everything is decorated to the nines!
I’m pretty sure I was there during that time. I remember being very cold more than once. We took a cruise right beforehand and when we got off the ship in Port Canaveral it was 38°. That made for a cold week at Disney. We definitely were not prepared

Last edited:
Definitely Christmas. October can still be hot and have love bugs. The decor for Halloween isn’t as impressive as Christmas.

I’m pretty sure I was there during that time. I remember being very cold more than once. We took a cruise right beforehand and when we got off the ship in Port Canaveral it was 38°. That made for a cold week at Disney. We definitely were not prepared

Pretty sure it was December of 2010, we were desperately looking for gloves because our hands were freezing and we couldn't find them anywhere. Ever since then I always pack a pair of light gloves just in case.

Pretty sure it was December of 2010, we were desperately looking for gloves because our hands were freezing and we couldn't find them anywhere. Ever since then I always pack a pair of light gloves just in case.
I was definitely there then. I’ve been a few times since that it was pretty chilly as well. Especially at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter