"Holiday Villas" opinion

nezy

DIS Veteran
Need a place to stay for 2 night before checking in to VWL on 12/2. I am considering "HOLIDAY VILLAS" on Vineland Rd. Does anyone have any experience or other recommendations.

I would need 2 rooms, so I thought that a suite or villa would be more economical than 2 hotel rooms.

We stayed here for family trip in August. It was closer to WDW that I expected, literally took 5 min to get there on the 25 cents toll road (I think Osceola Parkway) and we never figured out how to get the toll road home, so we took 192 and only paid the toll in the mornings. Also, the big Super Walmart is about 10 min, just down 192. There are lots of resteraunts around that area too.

As far as the Villas, there are 3 different "pods" of them along Vineland Rd. We were in Laguna Bay in a 3 bedroom, 2 baths (2baths was awesome for our family, esp when getting ready in the mornings) (1 room with king, 1 room with full, 1 room with 2 twins, and a sofa sleeper in the living room). It was nice lots of windows, full kitchen, W/D, table and 6 chairs, no themeing really (other than it made me think of the set of the Golden Girls) but clean and well maintained. Pool is small, but we went to Typhoon Lagoon and did the parks so we mostly didn't even use their pool. Played volleyball and tennis while hanging out at the Villas, also used their bbq grill by the pool. Bring your own tennis stuff, they will give you racquets with a room key but make you buy the balls from them (like $5 or so, bring them from home if you want to play, racquet and volleyball are free). Now, don't get me wrong, I am not even comparing this to a Disney resort!!!! But it is nice (would seem alot nicer if not being compared to WDW resorts) and fairly cheap. We went through skyauctions.com and paid somewhere around 85/night.

Only caveat I have with them- don't expect to check in early (you check in at the office on 192, then drive to your little community on Vineland Rd). We got there around 2:30 and I checked to see if we could get in early, they said come back at 4 pm. When I went back at 4, they said our room wasn't cleaned yet. I was polite, but firm, (we had been driving with the fam for almost 24 hours by that point!) and requested they give us an available room. And, the girl at 2:30 charged me a fee for a safe that I didn't ask for (15 for whole time I think). I asked the 4:00 guy if the fee could be removed too. Within about 5 minutes, he gave me a new bill without the fee for the safe and handed me the keys for our 3 bedroom villa (we only paid for a 2 bdrm but since it wasnt ready they gave us a 3 bdrm that was ready). All in all, worked out great even though it was a rough start.

If you have anymore questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them. They often run a promo on their website for get a 3 bdrm for the price of a 2 bdrm.

Have a great trip!:)

I was wondering if remember how many TV's are in the 3 bedroom villa.

Also.....laundry facilities?!

Thanks.

I believe DU has them listed on their site with all the information you'd need.

We stayed in a 3br at Holiday Villas about 3.3 yrs. ago. As I recall, there was a TV in both the mbr and the living room. Can't remember if either of the other 2 brs had a TV or not. Washer and dryer are full sized, in the villa. The only "complaint" we had (and it really isn't a complaint at all) is that the swimming pool seemed on the small-ish side. We would go back here in a heartbeat (in fact, I'm trying to catch an auction for Holiday Villas right now!)

Depends on which unit you get as to the ameneties, we stayed in one that had 3 TV's and was lovely, I believe you can request what you want and they will try to accommodate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter