Holiday Time at Disney!

tinkstoes

Earning My Ears
Hey y'all! I'm making my third trip this year in a few weeks (Nov 14-16) and was wondering a couple of things:

1) the Christmas Party will be starting up when I go. I was told the Halloween one was better so I went to that in September but now that I have been blessed with an opportunity to go back to my second home again I'm sorely tempted to check it out! Anyone have any thoughts or opinions about it?

2) Do they really make it snow during the party/at MK like I've read?

3) when do they start lighting up the ice lights on the castle? It's been a dream to see it lit up like that and it would be so wonderful if it was being done when I go...even though I won't be surprised if it's not.

Thanks for everyone's comments in advance!!

1. We like both parties equally. They both offer something a little different. Both have special activities, fireworks, and parades. Instead of candy, you will have hot chocolate and cookies.

2. We are from Wisconsin/Minnesota and no it is not like real snow if you are from an area that gets snow. However, it gives you a good feeling that it is snowing. I have read that it is some type of soap mixture.

3. The castle lighting is wonderful. You should be able to see that when you are there. “A Frozen Holiday Wish” show with the characters from Frozen will be doing the Castle lighting this year. I believe it is at 6:00 every evening.

Are their any holidays specific foods or treats that they make?

During MVMCP, they do have special food offerings. Last year, they had a special Waffle, a mocha cocoa cupcake and also a peppermint brownie which was very good!

And of course, during the party, they have complimentary cookies and hot chocolate!

2. We are from Wisconsin/Minnesota and no it is not like real snow if you are from an area that gets snow. However, it gives you a good feeling that it is snowing. I have read that it is some type of soap mixture.

I'm from Georgia originally (was living in Maryland till recently) so as a whole I've not lived somewhere that it snows regularly...this past winter was very abnormal! I think it's neat that it still gives you that feel of snow without the mess which accompanies snow ;)

I'm from Georgia originally (was living in Maryland till recently) so as a whole I've not lived somewhere that it snows regularly...this past winter was very abnormal! I think it's neat that it still gives you that feel of snow without the mess which accompanies snow ;)

You're totally right! Anyways, when you look at it, with the Christmas songs playing, you'll feel like it's real snow!

And to answer your questions :

1) We also like both MNSSHP and MVMCP. True that there is a bit more to do during the Halloween Party, but if you love Christmas, I'm sure you'll love the party! It's lots of fun and great characters opportunities!

2) It's snowing on Main Street during the party every like 10-15 minutes. It stops during the parade and fireworks.

3) Don't miss the castle lighting up, it's pure Disney magic! We watched it 3 times last year, and we were crying like babies every time! This is playing during the party, but is also offered during regular hours so if you don't do the party, you'll still be able to watch it. Simply look the Schedule on the time guide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter