Holiday Inn & Suites vs The Tropicana

cristyhas3

Mouseketeer
Hi!

I'm finalizing my DLR trip and need to make a decision about our hotel. I got some good rates and crunched the numbers. I need to decide between the Holiday Inn on Walnut and the Tropicana. For our entire trip, two rooms, and 7 people, there's less than $100 difference. Which would you choose?

Thanks!!!

I haven't stayed at the Holiday Inn before, but I have stayed at the Tropicana and would do so again. It's close, clean, and not horribly decorated. Breakfast is pitiful, but we pack cartons of milk and breakfast items to compensate.

cristyhas3 said:
Hi!

I'm finalizing my DLR trip and need to make a decision about our hotel. I got some good rates and crunched the numbers. I need to decide between the Holiday Inn on Walnut and the Tropicana. For our entire trip, two rooms, and 7 people, there's less than $100 difference. Which would you choose?

Thanks!!!

For walking HI&S is NOT a good idea. They do have ART shuttle

I have stayed at the HI & S, but not at Tropicana. I would recommend Tropicana. I was not happy with HI&S, let's just say that housekeeping was not on the ball. Also, Tropicana is across the street. That is a huge benefit! :thumbsup2

Another vote for Tropicana, we stayed there in July and enjoyed it! Very clean, and sooo close to the parks!! :D

I have stayed at the Tropicana- I recommend it! Can not beat staying across the street esp traveling with 2 families and 7 folks! Makes the whole coming and going much easier to do! No panic feelings like "omg hurry up we gonna miss the ART bus ... again!" LOL
I think they have suites at the Tropicana with mini kitchens? I never stayed at the HI&S - but I did notice they have a 2 bedroom Disney Suite that looked pretty neat!
I would still prolly choose the Tropicana- just for the relaxation part! Have fun!

I stayed at the Holiday Inn & Suites in April and just got back yesterday from Tropicana...I would do Tropicana...the walk to the park is great! The beds are more comfy...but the breakfast is nothing at Tropicana, you get more breakfast stuff at the HI&S.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter