• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Holiday Inn Maingate East... KIDSUITES VS ONE BEDROOM

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Anyone stayed here in either of these? I can get a full one bedroom for $10 more than a kidsuite. Worth it?

My family stayed here June 2000. There were seven of us and the one-bedroom was great! If you stay in the one-bedroom they give you coupons for TWO FREE ADULT BREAKFAST BUFFETS each day of your stay! That would more than make up that $10 difference! The buffet is a hot/cold buffet with eggs, fresh fruit, sausage, cereal, waffles, grits, it's like what you might find at Ponderosa. And kids eat free! So we had to only pay for two meals for our group of seven. The suite had a nice kitchen area with the best little fridge I've ever seen in a hotel. The freezer part could freeze anything overnight. The hotel starts you out with a starter pack of plates and plastic ware. The bathroom area was HUGE with lots of drawers and undersink cupboards to stash your suitcases and stuff. My kids loved the Murphy bed, and the two tvs....Mom and Dad loved the privacy and all the space! For the difference in price I would go with the one-bedroom; I've seen the kidsuites and they have half the space and really no privacy.

Before you make reservations you might want to see if they still do the free breakfast. I know I called them last Aug. and they still were. Oh, and the shuttle service to Disney made us shuttle lovers. It was so nice to leave the driving to someone else after a long, hot day at the parks.

All one-bedroom suites are poolside!

We stayed in the Kid Suite this past November and loved it! We also got the free breakfast coupons as well. I think that is a Priority Club benefit not based on room type. Our room was on the first floor pool side. We walked out the door and the gate to the pool area was right across the sidewalk. That was very nice! The kids loved the cable/nintendo on their own tv and in their own "space". my kids were under 4 so I like the idea that they were not totally separated from us and we could "hear" everything that was going on in there while still maintaining a little privacy. The bathroom was huge and the sink/fridge area was also quite nice. There are two different Kid Suite rooms though. One being much nicer than the other. We preferred the "jail" to the "camp". the camp only offered a curtain as opposed to a door to the kids room and our "bedroom" was much nicer and came with a ceiling fan which was great.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter