Holiday Inn Downtown Disney ?

AprilJ26

Mouseketeer
We are planning another Thanksgiving week visit to WDW and even though I said we'd never stay offsite, I'm strongly considering the Holiday Inn in DTD. Mostly because there are no discounts on site for our dates and we have 2 free nights at the HI anyway.
A few questions:

How is the shuttle service? I called and was told the shuttles run every 30 min an hr before park opening to an hr after park closing. Anyone stayed there and have experience with it?

Will we miss the "Disney" experience? Would we be better off staying in a value resort instead? I know this will be personal preference but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Some notes:
We are a family of 4.
We do not do EMH parks bc we don't buy hoppers and my littleone can't stay out till 2 am.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

We have stayed onsite and offsite and there are benefits to both. Loved having more space but did feel a little of the magic was gone. I would stay offsite again but my children all say they don't want to do offsite again and does my dh. He likes parking the vehicle and not getting in again until we leave.

I really would prefer to stay onsite but there aren't likely going to be any discounts for Thanksgiving week. It will cost more to stay in a Value resort with no microwave or fridge than it will to stay in the HI in DTD which has 2 queen beds, microwave, and fridge. I am just worried about the shuttle service...

I really would prefer to stay onsite but there aren't likely going to be any discounts for Thanksgiving week. It will cost more to stay in a Value resort with no microwave or fridge than it will to stay in the HI in DTD which has 2 queen beds, microwave, and fridge. I am just worried about the shuttle service...

I can't speak for HI but a friend of mine stayed in the Best Western Downtown Disney last October and said the shuttles were good, I wonder if they share because she said they stopped at other hotels in the area. I would still keep my eye out for a discount, you never know ;). Last year we were able to get free dining for Thanksgiving week and that was awesome!!

we have done both and the only way I would stay off site again is if we could not afford a value. You lose the disney magic for sure and it seemed so much longer to get anywhere on the shuttle. Good Luck!!!

Well I do have another option. We could stay 2 nights at the HI in DTD using my HI points. Then we could swap over to the Dolphin for 4 nights. Including parking and resort fees, this will cost about $200 more for the trip total (with teacher discount). I just wonder if it will be too much trouble to change hotels during our stay. We do have our own vehicle so driving won't be an issue. Is it worth the extra $ to stay 4 of our nights at Dolphin instead of all 6 at HI?

Well I do have another option. We could stay 2 nights at the HI in DTD using my HI points. Then we could swap over to the Dolphin for 4 nights. Including parking and resort fees, this will cost about $200 more for the trip total (with teacher discount). I just wonder if it will be too much trouble to change hotels during our stay. We do have our own vehicle so driving won't be an issue. Is it worth the extra $ to stay 4 of our nights at Dolphin instead of all 6 at HI?

I think I would pay the difference. I have heard Dolphin is great! I'm a teacher also....is this a rate any of us can get?

I think I would pay the difference. I have heard Dolphin is great! I'm a teacher also....is this a rate any of us can get?

Yes, any teacher can get the rate. It says it can be as low as $139/night but during Thanksgiving week it is $159/night. Still cheaper than the regular rate. They also have rates for nurses and military.

I spent 10 days there, and really liked it.

The buses are very reliable, and usually right on time to the minute.

I actually like the DTD resorts better than Disney resorts, because of the location. I like being able to go do something in the evenings without waiting for a bus.

We used to walk to DTD in 5 mins. 10min walk the other direction take you to a shopping plaza. Nice walk the entire way too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter