Holiday cruising

sorceressk

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been on dcl xmas day and xmas season (like early December) who can compare the two experiences? Am thinking about taking the family as a holiday gift but the week of xmas is too expensive for what we are looking for. Thanks in advance!

We went right before Christmas until December 23. Thought it was great seeing all the Christmas Decorations. Even some Christmas surprises in Castaway Cay. And, the Characters have beautiful Christmas outfits!

We've been several times in early December. The price is not only better but the ship is less crowded. Everything is decorated, the gingerbread house session is offered, Christmas music, lighting of the tree, etc. We love going at this time; you get all of the best parts without the crowds and price. Then you still get home in time to celebrate the season with family and friends.

We've been both early December and on a Christmas cruise. If you can go earlier in December, we think it is worth the savings. There are a lot of Christmas activities that happen on every December cruise -- Lighting the Christmas tree, gingerbread house decorating, the large gingerbread house, caroling and egg nog, etc. While there are other things that they only do on the Christmas cruise -- Mrs Claus reading 'Twas the night before Christmas; a christmas lithograph and/or other gifts, Christmas dinner, etc. We can go any time so we can't really justify the really high cost of Christmas week for these extra activities. Cruising at Christmas is special but if I can do a back to back in early december for the same price, I'll do 2 cruises.

We have done early December and this year we are doing Disney Wonder out of Galveston on December 14. You get the Christmas decorations but not the Christmas price. It is the week before Christmas and the price is reasonable. I am taking my 16 year old out of school for one week but we are doing short term independent study so he can make up assignments. The semester does not end until the middle of January so they are not doing anything the week before Christmas Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter