Holida Inn Family Suite QUESTION for past guests

c4241

Mouseketeer
I wonder if we will be the first couple to book HIFS who have no children with us. We are doing 10 nights in the "Residential" building which has a full kitchen and different perks from the "Kids-Suite". My questiono is....it is near the lap pool...so as to be quieter I guess from the big pool. Anyway, the free breakfasts....where is this held....I suppose the main entry building. How far is this from the building we will probably be in...if you already stayed here you know better where the lap pool is hten I do. I've heard some bad comments latly on the breakfast food...any words from you past guests? Thanks.

http://www.hifamilysuites.com/

You will be in the West track courtyard. We walked over there and found it to be very quiet.

The free breakfast is in the main building, between the East and West Track. The walk to the lobby is quick and easy. Should only take you a couple of minutes. I think the picture on their website makes it look more spreadout than it really it :)

Teresa

We stayed in the Kidsuites three summers in a row. We did walk over to the building where the lap pool is and it does seem very quiet over there, that pool was nowhere near as busy as the one for the kids. I also think I remember walking thru a door in the lobby and a very short path to where the lap pool is, I could be wrong though and I never went beyond that point. On the other hand, the walk from the lobby to the kidsuites could be pretty far depending on where your room was located. It was a really nice walk though no complaints from me. I used to like walking the path every morning for my coffee and sitting outside by the lake all alone before my family woke up.

As far as the breakfast goes, well, it's free and not bad. It's just not that great and after a couple of days my family didn't want to eat it anymore. There is a large variety of food though. What I remember were scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with ham, cheese, peppers (something like that) potatoes, sausage or bacon (not very good bacon) corned beef hash, pancakes/waffles/french toast alternating, four different cold cereals, a few hot cereals I think, fruit, donuts, bagels, various drinks including--soda, juices, coffee, tea...there's probably more but that's all I can remember right now.

We stayed there last October with two year old triplets, us, and my mom... in the kidsuites. I can't speak to your building being quiet or the location. However, for free we feel the breakfast was great!! We were there ten days also... okay by day eight or nine it was getting a little old... but there is SO much variety. You could just do the cold cereal or fruit then on the run.

I remember the follow: Cereal... everything under the sun - cold and hot. English muffins, bagels (toaster there) with all toppings. Muffins. Scrabbled eggs - two kinds. Either french toast or waffles - changed every day. Either sausage, ham, or bacon - changed. Hash. FRUITS - lots of them. Yogurt. And more? Beverages - apple and orange juice, milk, chocolate milk, and full pop selection... this we didn't figure out until several days in... it's set back a bit more, but still accessible and used by all during breakfast (believe it's more over by dinner buffet area, but seating for breakfast is in there too). My husband and I are pop people so this was great. I got smart after that and brought in our big mugs we bought at one of the parks (or bring one from home)... I filled it up so I wasn't running back so many times with there small glasses. Then I filled it again before we left to get me through the first part of the morning at the park with soda. Worked great to fill the kids sippy cups with milk or juice before we left too.

Have fun!
Julie P.

For anyone that did the "kids eat free," how was the food and what did the menu consist of? Also, where is is available in HIFS?

There is a small counter service restaurant inside the lobby. There was pizza hut pizza, burgers/fries, chicken/friesand hot dogs/fries--I think that was it. Now this could amount to a big savings for a family. We weren't usually at the hotel during the day but we did take advantage of this a few times when we were. It was get two free kids meals with each adult, a pretty good deal. I'm not sure if they still do this though.

As of last week they were still doing the kids eat free deal. Some of the options I believe were PB&J (thought I heard that mentioned), Chicken Fingers and burger, hot dog,....

The breakfast buffet was good for the 4 mornings I was there, although it could become old after a few more days. Same offerings as have already been stated. They had my dearly loved Frosted Flakes so i was content. ;) The buffet line moved quick, the only slow part was the toaster. If it was busy it could take a few minutes.

The "kids pool" was busy and loud, seemed like everyone was having a good time which they should, however the "lap pool" was just another area where kids were being kids. Kind of made it a bit difficult when people wanted to do laps in that pool or relax. The only part thing I saw that got me mad was a young child who was hopping along the lounge chairs and then right onto a table where my co-worker had left his eyeglasses and towel. Fortunately, the frames only bent.
I don't know who to be more mad at the child or the parent who watched the whole thing then had the gall to say oh they're fine and walk away, no apology and not even telling her child that hopping onto a table is inappropriate, but we'll leave that for the debate board.

Overall, seemed like a good place to take the kiddies and decent food offerings. Have a great trip.
ckj

Thanks to all those who answered my questions. I do have to smile after reading all the different foods available for the free breakfast buffet...and then some folks saying they got "bored" with it.....I can't help but wonder what it is they felt was missing for BREAKFAST????? (Big Smile)......

Another question to those past guests.....is the parking (for those who have cares) pretty close to the rooms? I would assume there are elevators???? Again, thanks to all.

Im just picky when it comes to food, that why I would have been bored with it after a few days.

Parking is very close to the rooms. Yes there are elevators.
ckj

We've stayed at the HIFS three years in a row (from first year they opened) and the breakfast hasn't changed much at all. Maybe that's why we got tired of it? After a couple of days, we would just get a bagel, donut or bowl of cereal. But again, for free it's not bad at all.

We are staying here in Sept., and will have my dd3, and my 2 nieces, 12 and 16. The 2 nieces are raising their own money to pay to come along (trying to teach a little lesson in responsibility) and the 12 yr. old is counting on the "kids eat free" to help her save some of her money. Is this available only at the sit down restaurant, or is it counter service also? We are all on a budget, so I'm thinking we'll be doing some counter service meals, but I really want to help her out....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!