Holds on Credit Cards by Rental Car Companies

mouselike-harrier

DIS Veteran
We are flying into FLL for our Disney Cruise next month. I'm trying to get a handle on the charges and holds by hotels and the rental car. We are basically renting a car at 11 at night and returning it to Port Canaveral around 3 the next day. Already booked, but I'm unclear about the hold. Do they just automatically put a hold on your CC for 200?

Only rented with National and Alamo. They put a hold equal to the anticipated charges based on the reservation you have made. I've had a hold for as little as $8 and change when I used a free day for a one day rental and only paid the taxes and fees to more than $330 when I did a recent 11 day rental.

another question....when you pick up the car,do they charge the card the full amount, or is it just a hold until you return,and then they charge the card? (Alamo)

On my Alamo rentals, it has been a hold that was converted to an actual charge when I dropped off the car. In fact, the attendant usually asks if I want to charge to the credit card on file or use a different card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter