Holding points & RCI

LAX

DIS Veteran
It appears that there is a good chance I will need to cancel a reservation within 30 days of arrival, so I am looking at the possibility getting holding points back. I have a few questions for the experts here if I end up needing to proceed.

I understand that holding points can be deposited to RCI for use later, is that still correct? If so, would depositing holding points (vs. regular) result in any restriction in usage with RCI? How long would these RCI points then expire? Is there anything I should be aware about RCI other than certain fees that may apply at some properties? TIA.

LAX

Last edited:
NO restrictions you have 24 months to use them from the time they are put into RCI. You must move them to RCI
no later than 45 days before they expire. All RCI resort has hidden fee's so be sure to read the fine print. Fee's such as a check in fee, resort fee, cleaning fee's. Remember with RCI you must vacation when a RCI owner puts their rental week up for sale. So you don't have the freedom to pick when you want to vacation most of the time. It will be whenever a room opens at the location you want to stay at. A lot of the RCI resorts are a Sat - Sat stay only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter