Holding On Your Rope. By Ranch, To VMK/Disney

Tampa

I don't look like this in VMK.
Pasted here from another place, this is my final plea to VMK and Disney to think about us. If anyone could print this and mail it off to where ever it would be most effective, I would greatly appreciate it.

Words cannot explain how abandoned I feel through what we're going through, but here's me giving it a try:

Dearest VMK and whom it may concern.

Please allow me to start from as far as memory will have it. When I first learned of VMK, and actually tried it out, I judged it as a childrens’ game, one that lacked many aspects of WDW that I loved, but played along anyways. It wasnt before long that I learned how to make friends in the game safely, and band together with themsame Disney fanatics, and play VMK as if it were “Roller Coaster Tycoon”, and try our best to recreate WDW attractions, within VMK. After a couple recognitions of our recreations from VMK via awards, we realized as a whole, that we were onto something, and were playing the game in ways that VMK didn’t even realize it was meant to be played.

As time grew on, our little team of “builders” in VMK grew, and by then, VMK had launched their in-park-quests/tours, and taking part in these VMK promotions were, perhaps, the greatest experiences in WDW that I ever had.. especially being my trips were solo!

So how did I access the parks to take full advantage of VMK Tours/Quests/Benifits? I paid for an annual for myself (2 years back to back throughout VMK’s promotions.), and treated my mama on Christmas & Birthday trips to WDW, for the sake of gathering MORE VMK benifits. I even paid for a “ghost” ticket for an OUTSTANDING member of our “build” team, just to score the VMK loot (AK items) that WDW offered, so that the member/player could obtain the elusive “Inferno Magic Pin” (a hard to get item in-game).

My point is, from calculating above (not counting in-park purchases), I’ve spent over $1,200 alone in two years (during peak VMK promotions) for my and my family’s access to WDW, all in the name of enjoying VMK to the fullest extent that it has to offer. Not only was I able to cash in a little extra on VMK promotions through WDW ticket purchases, but I was also able to reunite with my mother, and grieve together alone within the parks, as it was my late father’s greatest way of showing us affection.. by taking the family to WDW. Park trips with my mother in the sake of VMK are some of the most cherished trips that I have, and I owe so much to VMK for making them happen.

Bottom line is, I’m WILLING to pay to play VMK. 10-15$… I don’t care. Those who pay them prices, obviously LOVE VMK and the parks as much as I do, and it would only make the quality of being logged into VMK that more, well.. MAGICAL. As we already pay top dollar to visit Disney parks/resorts, why should VMK be sold short? It’s one of the greatest ploys to get me back into the parks ever achieved.

Now to talk REAL business. As it is obvious, we are haning onto “Yavn’s” every word, and literally praying that he reveals that, “Yes! Your outcries worked!”. But it’s not happening that way, and instead, we’re being recomended to “Toon Town” and some other games I can’t remember, along with “New” ones that we’re going to die for. I can tell you this Disney/VMK, that if we don’t find a common ground that keeps VMK active and current, (that means YES, it would involve US giving YOU OUR money), we’re (meaning us, the tens of thousands), are NOT going to be happy. I personally will not be interested in anything you have to dish out at us via online, purely because of heartbreak.

VMK is VERY important to me and many others. We have invested not only much time and park-spent-income into the game, but also, unexplainable emmotions that simply CANNOT be erased by the push of a button on May 21. We beg you. Take our cash, and have faith that VMK will continue to be one of the best kept (online) secrets of the Disney Company. We, as a Disney community, sincerely LOVE it, and nothing else will EVER compare!

Your’s truly, Ranch in VMK/ aka/ Joey Pyles.

Very well written Ranch!

One of the important aspects of that letter is that it is from a 'different' target audience... The single adult male (an age-wise adult any way:goodvibes )

Disney needs to know they are reaching an amazingly diverse fan base here!

From what I recall - wasn't this game targetted for teens and tweens - to excited them about the parks again?

Keep the letters coming people!

Thanks gang.. here's to hope for the revolution! :drinking1

And yup, Belle, I saw the amazing option CandyMan has made available for letter mailing. It's people like that that will turn the tide.

I told myself I was not going to cry anymore, at least until after there really was a closing date.

But now........:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Don't cry buddy girl. :hug:

I don't know what's going on behind the magic, but ever since VMK left WDW, I've been worried. Hearing word that kiosks were placed in DLR gave me hope that a new approach in providing us this brilliant game was happening.. even the biggest quest ever was astounding in a sense of providing an AMAZING future in the game.. for those who made the cut, that is, unfortunately.

And then we got the announcement. People are right too, they didn't even have to do that much with the warning, which was cool. I used to play "Dating Game Online" by Sony for free (don't laugh! lol). It was an addicting game that formed communities who made each other laugh, and they visited often. Even formed chat boards in the same manner as us VMK peeps. When Sony closed the free game, we had no warning, no option to pay to play (yes, we petitioned etc..), and it never came back. I still hate Sony because of it, and try my best to avoid their products when in need of a purchase.

My love for everything Disney is not allowing me to believe this is happening. I've seen one major company do this to a community they've created, and I hope with all my heart, that Disney wont do the same thing, but with warning.

hey tampa..bug let me know about your letter...i have it printing out right now to include with todays mailing...they mailpeople do a pickup of the mailbox at 2pm EST, so i have just about an hour til then...so i'm happy to have found this in time :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter