Hold out for Hanes!

Beezle2

DIS Veteran
There was a deal last Fall at back to school time that required a $10 Kellogg purchase to get $10 off underthings and socks. The deal ran one period for Fruit of the Loom and another for Hanes. I wrote a note to myself to NEVER buy Fruit of the Loom again! I will be holding out for Hanes, they were far and away better quality. The Fruit of the Loom stuff just fell apart after 1 washing and I ended up throwing them away very quickly. In contrast the Hanes things have held up well and and are still in use and I'll be buying more of them if the deal runs again this Fall.

Some of my family members use Hanes and some Fruit of the Loom. We have for years. I find the great quality to be similar. If I had something fall apart after one washing I would get a refund or replacement.

Wow, my experience has been the opposite. I can't stand Hanes (especially their socks, awful). I've had nothing but good luck with FOTL. I love the FOTL boxer briefs for my boys. Excellent quality!

OT, I grew up in Kzoo. :)

Wow, that is awesome that your experience was different! I was really shocked at how bad FOTL was last year for me. As for returning them they were underwear and I just couldn't :blush: I would die of embarassment.

I wonder if they were different at the sale price point then at a department store? Can I ask where you bought them?

OP - I've felt your pain with FOTL. I did find that FOTL has different qualities at different stores, same goes for Hanes. I won't buy them at any discount retailer. If I do they always fall apart or shrink ridiculously. OTH if I buy them at a store like sears, macy's, etc. they both hold up well. A couple of years ago I had some Hanes sock that I bought at Walmart and the same socks bought at J.C. Penney within a few weeks of each other. You can see and feel the difference in the quality. The J.C. Penney socks did have a higher price point on them but because I had a coupon I was able to get them for less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!