• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hola¡ March 13th Fiesta at Sea on the Wonder! Updated through Day 9

Hey now, don't rush this trip report!!! If you are writing it, that means we are home :sad2: We haven't even left yet.

I know! But writing it draws out the enjoyment for me and helps me remember the details:) It is hard every time I post a holding spot for the last day!

Dicecatt;

Just a idea for you guys if you going to be visiting Hollywood. Across the street from Grauman's Chinese Theater is the El Capitan Theater (Disney Movies) with the Disney Soda Fountain right next door. You may not be able to see a movie there, but it a great place to pop in a take a look and the soda fountain and studio store is a must for us when we're in the area. Be sure and check out the Kodack Theater and for shopping check out Hollywood & Highlands Center.
Hope this helps.

Dicecatt;

Just a idea for you guys if you going to be visiting Hollywood. Across the street from Grauman's Chinese Theater is the El Capitan Theater (Disney Movies) with the Disney Soda Fountain right next door. You may not be able to see a movie there, but it a great place to pop in a take a look and the soda fountain and studio store is a must for us when we're in the area. Be sure and check out the Kodack Theater and for shopping check out Hollywood & Highlands Center.
Hope this helps.

Thank you, I love this idea! I appreciate it!

Just wanted to pop in quickly...the cruise is wonderful. Service has been fantastic, we have two of the best servers I have ever had, and our stateroom attendant is fabulous (and not stingy with shampoo like they are normally!). We are having a fantastic time, Cabo was wonderful today, perfect weather, and tendering was tolerable. Certain areas are crowded sometimes but for the most part, we are not encountering lines or massive crowds...and when we do, they are done fairly quickly. Truly, this has been a wonderful experience so far, and it feels great to be back "home" on the Wonder, even after the beauty of the Dream! The Wonder is comfortable and still gorgeous, we were anchored by a Carnival and an NCL today and the Wonder far outshone both in design and class.

For those of you getting ready to sail, I think you'll be so very pleased!

Still on the ship...the ship came in late and we are camped out in Shutters. Lots of aggravated people are in the atrium. Our shuttle drivers are trying to accommodate, one of my clients is MIA, I am just hoping she hopped in a taxi because she didn't catch her shuttle.

We are finally off and it is Noon! We are now waiting for our shuttles, they had another pick up and are now stuck in traffic of course. There are still many people going through customs. This is NOT a good port to have any early flights...I would say anything earlier than 2 is pushing it. I did have clients on a noon flight that got out but they were highly stressed...

We were off the ship and at LAX by 10:30 at the latest. If you tell them you need to be at the airport and show them proof you will be given the chip & dale luggage tags and allowed off early. It was a breeze. Our shuttle was waiting for us when we walked off and they took us to our hotel by the airport. We had to sit around the hotel lobby because it was so early and our room wasn't ready.

What a great trip!!!

We were off the ship and at LAX by 10:30 at the latest. If you tell them you need to be at the airport and show them proof you will be given the chip & dale luggage tags and allowed off early. It was a breeze. Our shuttle was waiting for us when we walked off and they took us to our hotel by the airport. We had to sit around the hotel lobby because it was so early and our room wasn't ready.

What a great trip!!!

It was, wasn't it? Truly wonderful. I rank it right up just below the Med.

Glad to hear your morning went well...my clients made their flight but had a slightly different experience than yours, lol. I didn't mind myself because we were just heading out to rainy LA, but with three adults and 9 children it wasn't all that fun:)

I'm confused...did you have a flight? You said your room wasn't ready? LOL I might be missing something. You showed them proof of a flight but had a hotel? Sigh...it is late, maybe I'm reading that wrong...

No, you aren't reading it wrong :rolleyes: We had the Donald luggage tags. Then a fellow DISer and I were talking in the laundry room. Well, she only packs in carry on bags so she didn't need her chip 'n dale luggage tags. She was just going to carry every thing off with her. She asked if we wanted her luggage tags. Well, DUH....of course we did. So, we were off the ship in a flash :)

Our flight was monday morning out of LAX and we also spend the day in LA. We didn't do much, it was so rainy. I am so disappointed that we didn't get to do much sight seeing!!

Loving your report. Do you mind if I jump ahead just a bit and ask how you liked the Horseback riding? We have this excursion booked in a couple weeks and wondering if it's worth the money. :thumbsup2

Loving your report. Do you mind if I jump ahead just a bit and ask how you liked the Horseback riding? We have this excursion booked in a couple weeks and wondering if it's worth the money. :thumbsup2

Really enjoyed it! Great excursion!

I love your TR's thank you for sharing , we rebooked the MR for next spring Break, so I will take lots of notes. Can you share a website for A1 Tranportation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter