HOJO room question

Kailua's Belle

Mouseketeer
So based on all the fine reviews here on the DIS, I'll be trying the HOJO for the first time next week!!:cool1:

I booked the $59 room, so I don't believe there's a safe in the room. Since there's free internet, I was going to bring my laptop, but I'm not sure what to do with it when we're out. Would it be safe in the room or would you leave it in the safety deposit box at the front desk? Will it fit? So what do most of you do with your electronics?

I really wish all rooms had safes. I don't like to bring my video camera with me every day, but I hate leaving it behind in the room too.

I really need to know this as well, I plan on bringing my laptop as well...I wish I would have been able to get a room with a safe.

Ok, so if you do get an ent rate deal, are you saying the $59 deal is for a standard room? No guar of queen beds; no disney or pool view? Highway view? Or does it just increase in price for the various options with the ent code?

I'm not a HOJO expert by any stretch, but my understanding is the $59 deluxe room is for a double queen room, no Disney view. The premium double queens with a Disney view are $74 with the ent. rate. The premium rooms have a microwave and safes. The deluxe rooms don't.

If I'm wrong or if there's exceptions to the rule, please chime in!!:confused3

On their boards, there's a post by Lorealle from March that says the Premium rooms have safes, but there's a safety deposit box (one per room) located at the front desk.

We have had no problems with our laptops being left in the room. We always try to put them in the laptop bags when we go out, but on occasion have actually left the laptop out on the desk. The maids at Hojo's have NEVER messed with our stuff, and everything is always exactly as we left it.

I would say, just put away your laptop in your bag and tuck it away, you should be just fine.

Thank you!:thumbsup2 That makes me feel better. I'm sure the housekeeping staff there is great too. Guess I'm just a little paranoid about stuff like that.

I have had the same experience as XTinabell, and have had no problems leaving our laptop in our Bldg. 2 deluxe rooms (w/no safe). We usually just put it in its case and tuck it in a drawer.

Vossjemi - A $59 ent rate can get you either a standard room (2 oversized doubles in the 2 story courtyard buildings) or a deluxe room (2 queens in Bldg. 2 -- no disney view). You can choose between the two. Or you can upgrade to a premium room in Bldg. 1 for $74.00 which would include a microwave, safe, and Disney view.

I feel even better now. :goodvibes It seemed silly to me to put it in the safety deposit box every day, but I just wanted to make sure.

I thought all the rooms now have micros and fidges? :confused:

The safes in the premium rooms wouldn't fit a laptop - My wife's purse was a tight fit. I've stayed at HoJo's probably 20-25 times and always bring my laptop - just leave it out on the table and have never had a problem.

we were there in December stayed in building 2 and didnt have a safe We had our laptop and we just put it away in a draw and nothing was messed with. The staff is all GREAT at hojo and you will have no problems.

Thanks, everyone! I've never brought it before, mainly since it has my work stuff on it and that's what I'm trying to get away from!!! But DH isn't coming with us this time, so I thought it would be fun to email him pictures. I also ordered the Magic Jack and was going to try to use that instead of my cell phone. My cell never seems to get very good reception in hotel rooms.

Four more days!!!!:banana:

I forget how much they cost, but my dh bought a laptop lock for peace of mind. We've only stayed at the CCI and I trust them too. But dh is the "better safe than sorry" type :). I think ours was $30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter