Hockey Moms or Dads unite

I'm a new hockey mom and your stories make me look forward to the next 10+ years :)

DS is 3 and started a learn to skate/learn to play with a local hockey club at the beginning of October. We go sat and Sundays- he loves it!

Another hockey mom here!! Son is 14, plays U16B travel. In fact, I'm in the process of packing right now since we're headed to Pittsburgh for a tournament. But, I needed a break from packing and laundry, so I figured I'd get my DIS fix. :goodvibes

DS plays forward, usually RW. He played center last year and loved that position, but looks like this year's coach wants him on wing. It's our first year on travel. He's played since he was about 7 and up until now he's played house league and really enjoyed that. But, our house hockey at high school level is extremely "rec" league and my DS wanted more than that. So far the team isn't doing really great - they've tied twice and won only once - but he's having a great time and at least it's a good group of boys that seem to get along fairly well. Keeping my fingers crossed that they do okay this weekend and we have no major injuries. :thumbsup2

I'm a new hockey mom and your stories make me look forward to the next 10+ years :)

DS is 3 and started a learn to skate/learn to play with a local hockey club at the beginning of October. We go sat and Sundays- he loves it!

It's a fun ride. Enjoy every minute they grow way to fast!!

Another hockey mom here!! Son is 14, plays U16B travel. In fact, I'm in the process of packing right now since we're headed to Pittsburgh for a tournament. But, I needed a break from packing and laundry, so I figured I'd get my DIS fix. :goodvibes

DS plays forward, usually RW. He played center last year and loved that position, but looks like this year's coach wants him on wing. It's our first year on travel. He's played since he was about 7 and up until now he's played house league and really enjoyed that. But, our house hockey at high school level is extremely "rec" league and my DS wanted more than that. So far the team isn't doing really great - they've tied twice and won only once - but he's having a great time and at least it's a good group of boys that seem to get along fairly well. Keeping my fingers crossed that they do okay this weekend and we have no major injuries. :thumbsup2

Good Luck!!

Welcome to hockey helloirishkitty You are at the fun age!! :goodvibes

NC_Tink Good Luck this weekend!!!

DH and I went away to NH for the weekend.
It was great but missed 2 of DS hockey games. Our friends took DS for us. He scored a goal YAY!! and almost had an assist. He was upset b/c he said he made a good pass.
How was everyone's weekend??
Any good games?

We got a win this weekend. The girls were pretty proud of themselves.

We don't have a game this weekend. It's really kinda weird. This is a new league this year, I don't think we have ever had a weekend off any other year.
Good Luck to everyone!!

DH is @ a game with DS as we speak. It was an early one!! 7am start they left @ 6:15. I hope they win. One of the defenseman is sick so I think DS will be playing D today.

Hope everyone has some good games this weekend and shares them :)

No hockey for us this weekend except a skills clinic tonight. We miss it!

My dd and ds (on the same team) played in a hockey tournament this weekend (won one, lost one, and tied one).

In this afternoon's game, a player on the other team threw a punch and our player swung back at him. Then, a parent from the other team yelled "hillbillies." I'm not sure if she was referring to our players, or all of us parents (or both). It took everything in me not to stand up and yell back "you'd better redneckonize!" LOL!

dispor said:
My dd and ds (on the same team) played in a hockey tournament this weekend (won one, lost one, and tied one).

In this afternoon's game, a player on the other team threw a punch and our player swung back at him. Then, a parent from the other team yelled "hillbillies." I'm not sure if she was referring to our players, or all of us parents (or both). It took everything in me not to stand up and yell back "you'd better redneckonize!" LOL!

OMG some people should not be allowed to watch kids sports activities!!!
Sounds like a good tournament!!
Where was it?

Add me to the list...

DS18 now refs while in college. Was going to play for his school (just a D3 club team) but understood that making the time commitment to hockey while trying to adjust to college life (and still make time for the gf) was going to be difficult at best.

DS15 is Midget Minor & HS Varsity (primarily center but will play wing). His Bantam team last year won both their State & District titles. This year they won their division & clinched a spot at Districts so its been a good last few seasons. He lives & breathes hockey & is still in withdrawal over the lockout.

Just got back from Lake Placid and headed to Pittsburgh over MLK weekend. Can't believe we are actually off this weekend.

Planning WDW trips around school was one thing. Having to plan around tournaments & playoffs is a whole other pain in the you-know-what.

It's a way of life.

MinnieGirl33 said:
Add me to the list...

DS18 now refs while in college. Was going to play for his school (just a D3 club team) but understood that making the time commitment to hockey while trying to adjust to college life (and still make time for the gf) was going to be difficult at best.

DS15 is Midget Minor & HS Varsity (primarily center but will play wing). His Bantam team last year won both their State & District titles. This year they won their division & clinched a spot at Districts so its been a good last few seasons. He lives & breathes hockey & is still in withdrawal over the lockout.

Just got back from Lake Placid and headed to Pittsburgh over MLK weekend. Can't believe we are actually off this weekend.

Planning WDW trips around school was one thing. Having to plan around tournaments & playoffs is a whole other pain in the you-know-what.

It's a way of life.

It is definitely a way of life. since my DS15 quit this year it has been a little easier. Not so much running around.
My DS11 almost went to Lake Placid for a trnmt. Last year .Maybe this yr.
My boys miss watching hockey too- their beloved Bruins :(

OMG some people should not be allowed to watch kids sports activities!!!
Sounds like a good tournament!!
Where was it?

The tournament was in Cleveland. The teams were pretty evenly matched, which always makes for a good tournament!

dispor said:
The tournament was in Cleveland. The teams were pretty evenly matched, which always makes for a good tournament!

Evenly matched...sometimes that is unheard of at a tournament.
Glad it was a good time:)

Another hockey mom here! My DS12 plays travel. The season is winding down but we still have one more tournament. Anyone doing spring leagues?

Sadly we made States so we are still playing.. We won 3 games all year. Due to technicalities we are stuck going. We will get killed the first game. Why even bother IMO.. My ds is going to play Varsity for spring. I love HS. Drop in $15 a game $10 a practice. Much cheaper than fall.

Good Luck momto3gr8boys in your tournament :goodvibes

Bumping. Middle of Fall season, we came in 1st in pretiering so we are playing against the best squirts. It has been pretty rough so far... Hoping for a bit more teamwork for the rest of the season . We will see.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter