Hmmm short stay 3 college girls, what to do; today I transferred 203 Disney rewards

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
DD and 2 college GFs said they would visit Disney with me.
I scored with my points poly one night and I rented poly from another DVC owner next night.

3 day trip. I will pay for all food. And I will get them Disney pins to trade and maybe Disney ears too.
They pd for 2 day ticket and their flights. (I got gift cards deal from Meijer to purchase their Disney ticket and I passed the $25 savings to them)

So first day they are chillin at the poly. Second day MK with EH. 3rd day AK.

I have an AP. My wondering the first night AK has an after park offering. Should I splurge for 4 tickets to that? Or water park first day DD and I have ticket to that; so $100 for the other two girls for me to purchase.
This week they asked are they eating with characters; no-nothing is left available at this point.
I do have one seat for BOG for MK hoping for 2 more to open up. The first night has 1900 park fare at 8:25pm but they don’t want that time. And I can buy the AK event almost for the price of 1900 park fare supper.
And they say they don’t care, they just happy they are going.

DD and 2 college GFs said they would visit Disney with me.
I scored with my points poly one night and I rented poly from another DVC owner next night.

3 day trip. I will pay for all food. And I will get them Disney pins to trade and maybe Disney ears too.
They pd for 2 day ticket and their flights. (I got gift cards deal from Meijer to purchase their Disney ticket and I passed the $25 savings to them)

So first day they are chillin at the poly. Second day MK with EH. 3rd day AK.

I have an AP. My wondering the first night AK has an after park offering. Should I splurge for 4 tickets to that? Or water park first day DD and I have ticket to that; so $100 for the other two girls for me to purchase.
This week they asked are they eating with characters; no-nothing is left available at this point.
I do have one seat for BOG for MK hoping for 2 more to open up. The first night has 1900 park fare at 8:25pm but they don’t want that time. And I can buy the AK event almost for the price of 1900 park fare supper.
And they say they don’t care, they just happy they are going.

I would do the AH at AK but having one college son and one dd-25, I would certainly have to ask them first what they wanted to do. If they are not familiar with Disney, ask your dd what she thinks they would want to do. I would do this over a day at a WP since you want them entertained at night. Maybe just get the tickets for them and you stay behind? Or go, either way, I wouldnt want them having to be bored at night if they arent 21 and arent going out to bars at DTD.

I know my kids as they got older, especially when in college, wouldnt want to trade pins, but know many do I guess. I would use that money and get them something they wanted at a store instead and let them know about the pins since who knows what they will do with them once home.

Dont know when you are going but I would keep checking for character ressies if that is something they wanted and would absolutely put in a reservation finder in TPs. I have ALWAYS gotten what I wanted. Use your cell as contact and be ready to secure your ressie as soon as they text you. Also, there always seems to be some good places show up 1-2 days before you want to go since people cancel their dinners so they wont get charged.

Why dont they want the 830 at Park Fare? That is relatively early for college kids or do they not want those characters. Maybe you can find out exactly what characters thry want. It may be easier for them to have fun with the Fab 5 than face princesses.

Good luck let us know what you end up doing. Sounds like a fun trip!

Last edited:
Well, since you're footing the entire bill, except park tickets, dining locations and times should be entirely your decision. If they don't like the dining times you have, then I'd dine solo, and tell them they are on their own, but they would need to pay for whatever they decide to eat, IMO. When I invite people to join me on vacation, they pay their own meals and park tickets, I get the room. I ask them for opinions on where they want to dine, etc., if they have a personal "must do" restaurant, I book it for all of us. And I ask them their ride preferences (like thrill rides, shows, gentle rides, regular coasters or coasters with inversions and so forth) and book FP+ accordingly. But most of the time, it works out all of the arrangements are my responsibility, and my choices.

TY. I asked earlier, cause, sadly I was awake before 7am.

They are here with us this weekend. DH farms and we offered if they want to work for a day (less than 8 hours) we will take $100 off their flight price cause they needed me to purchase them and it was easier. And they were super excited to do that. DH fetched them last night and I'll run them back tonight.

And after they were awake, they went with AK after hours, they like the pop, popcorn and ice cream offered and more park hours. Today they asked about pins so I guess that is in, we prob have 30 here they can trade. I was going to get some more but I decided not to. And I found out they each already have ears. I showed them 1 picture of poly pool. it was 1900 park fare or AK After hours. still watching for BOG, although I did crush them today when they thought they got to eat with Belle and I said not at lunch; but one REALLY wants a turkey leg so she can have that if no BOG.

So far they stained the remaining ceded boards for DH office. Took pictures in the tractors tires. Visited DD BF's family barn that has all kinds of baby animals now.
Today they are helping remove 3 small trees and filling in holes. They live the suburbs so they think it's neat. Sure, sure it is ;)

Now they need to change which park they want for their last day since they are hitting AK with AH.

TY. I asked earlier, cause, sadly I was awake before 7am.

They are here with us this weekend. DH farms and we offered if they want to work for a day (less than 8 hours) we will take $100 off their flight price cause they needed me to purchase them and it was easier. And they were super excited to do that. DH fetched them last night and I'll run them back tonight.

And after they were awake, they went with AK after hours, they like the pop, popcorn and ice cream offered and more park hours. Today they asked about pins so I guess that is in, we prob have 30 here they can trade. I was going to get some more but I decided not to. And I found out they each already have ears. I showed them 1 picture of poly pool. it was 1900 park fare or AK After hours. still watching for BOG, although I did crush them today when they thought they got to eat with Belle and I said not at lunch; but one REALLY wants a turkey leg so she can have that if no BOG.

So far they stained the remaining ceded boards for DH office. Took pictures in the tractors tires. Visited DD BF's family barn that has all kinds of baby animals now.
Today they are helping remove 3 small trees and filling in holes. They live the suburbs so they think it's neat. Sure, sure it is ;)

Now they need to change which park they want for their last day since they are hitting AK with AH.

That sounds great! Like I said I like the idea of the AH event since now they dont need to be entertained when the parks close that evening. I would be happy with that choice!

Make sure you put in the ressie finder in TPs and check for a character availability a day or two before you want to go. I have always gotten what I wanted even between Christmas and New Years.

Sounds like the trip is all coming together and if you can get a character meal, you will have it all crossed off and done.

Happy planning!

I got the after hours tickets linked, after a little drama.

DH was running to town so last minute I went with him I grabbed a bank envelop with 6 $100 bills to get Disney cards from target (5% off) to buy the tickets. I lost the envelope! Ran back to the first store and someone turned it in TYJ.

Today I nabbed another BOG lunch, I need one more.

Ran back to the first store and someone turned it in TYJ.

Thank goodness someone turned it in!!!

Good luck with the last BOG lunch you need! Hope you get it soon so you don't have to worry about it anymore!

I got the after hours tickets linked, after a little drama.

DH was running to town so last minute I went with him I grabbed a bank envelop with 6 $100 bills to get Disney cards from target (5% off) to buy the tickets. I lost the envelope! Ran back to the first store and someone turned it in TYJ.

WOW! Glad someone turned in your envelope!
How did you find the BoG lunch? Are you doing an ressie finder for in on TP?
Good luck and let us know how you make out!

I found another BOG lunch. So now, the girls are in but
I'm not. So I will continue to watch for me. If not I'll be fine. I did not use ressie Finder; is there a 14.99$ charge for that?
Yesterday the after hour tickets came fed ex- and today the magic bans arrived.

I found another BOG lunch. So now, the girls are in but
I'm not. So I will continue to watch for me. If not I'll be fine. I did not use ressie Finder; is there a 14.99$ charge for that?
Yesterday the after hour tickets came fed ex- and today the magic bans arrived.

How exciting the tickets and bands came in.

No, the TP ressie finder is free and an excellent tool. I subscribe to TPs but would also pay for the ressie finder but it is free to all.

Yes to sign up for the full site is $15 but not for the ressie finder. Do a google search and you will see it come up.

You need to have an account on TP but just the free account. You dont need to pay.

I found the free site and I signed up. Thanks

Good luck. Report back. You need to be VERY ready to see the text, click on the reservation in the text and book.

Happy I could help!

YD - your trip sounds like one we have planned with 2 of our college-aged nieces. Poly, 3 nights in June! We bought plane tickets and park tickets, then split the total with the girls. They have been making small payments for a few months. With younger guests we find it is easier for us to secure everything so we can verify arrivals, departures and make dining reservations and FPs. We are having one TS a day (including a BOG breakfast for an early start day), anything else is on them. We'll probably spring for a refillable popcorn bucket. :)

We also looked at an AK after hours, but decided against it. They have 4-day hoppers and will use them well - the monorail means MK is available for a super quick hop.

No luck yet with any BOG offers.
For the trip - work just offered me Friday off before the trip if I work a half day Wednesday instead - sure I’ll do that.

No luck yet with any BOG offers.
For the trip - work just offered me Friday off before the trip if I work a half day Wednesday instead - sure I’ll do that.

Thats great! Sounds like it is all coming together. Dont loose hope with BoG. You may see movement the week or a day or two before your wanted ressie.

TaDa. I found today be our guest at 1:15 on my own and I was able to book it, the alert never did go off for that other TP finder.

TaDa. I found today be our guest at 1:15 on my own and I was able to book it, the alert never did go off for that other TP finder.

YEY you!
Congrats!
Happy you found it!

Today I saw car rental for $60 and $32 tax. So I decided to go for it. More park time. I looked and the drive from poly to AK 7 minutes and the bus is 20. I realize then I have to walk in the lot but ahh the excitement of arriving - get me off the bus.
I need to go find pins to trade and pack.
DH asked what I want for moms day, I asked for $7 for a dole whip and $7 for a cream cheese pretzel. And he is paying for a new park bag. And breakfast cookies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter