Hitting the Disney trifecta! a Nov 2013 PTR-and then some!(2/21-Trip #3 return!)

I can't believe you are less than a week away from it! Wow. Time flies!

The boat is so awesome that you may forget you are on it. You never know! :) Hopefully you do & have an amazing time.

I personally adore cruises & am anxiously counting mine down! Based on prices, this will likely be our last Disney Cruise- So I'm making the most of it!!!

I hope you guys have an amazing time! Your plans sound wonderful! Hope the weather is nice & the seas calm! Enjoy my most favorite island in the WHOLE WORLD!!!!! Cataway Cay. Sigh.

Hey all,

Back from our 5-day cruise on the Wonder. It was great trip. Early on DW and I were not thrilled with some parts of it, but by the end we liked it a lot, but didn't quite LOVE it. However, DD totally LOVED it and is ready to go back again, so I guess we could see a return to cruising within the next few years.

Since I won't be getting to a TR probably for another month or so until I finish my OTHER TR, here's a quick summary.

Being on the sea: As many of you know, I had a little trepidation over the cruise. Mostly I was good, but found that mostly I wanted to stay away from the railing. Otherwise I was good. I found the motion of the ship slightly diconcerting at times, but not to the point it bothered me.

Service: Was as expected, which was basically fantastic. No complaints here.

Food: I was expecting it to be good not great. Breakfast and Lunches were that, but the dinners were wonderful. Couldn't believe the quality of the food at all the restaurants.

Entertainment/Activities: Maybe as expected. There was a wide variety of activities, and it was great for the kids. The ones for adults were pretty good. The nightly shows were OK - I was sort of expecting a higher quality and it wasn't really until the last night that the show lived up to my expectations. (I expected park-quality entertainment.)

Pool/ On Deck: I was less than impressed here. I liked that there were three sets of pools. (Little kids, big kids, adults) but in doing so, that made three really small pools. And they were CROWDED. Like "Can't find a seat from 9 AM to 4 PM" crowded. Even the adult pool. We didn't care for this part of it. In fact many places on board felt very crowded. (Lines at Guest services were often 20-30 people deep, and one time I counted about 100 kids in the kids club.

Cozumel stay - Meh. The "Swim with the Dolphins thing we did was neat if seemingly awfully expensive. The rest, as I said, meh.

Castaway Cay - I see why this is usually near the end of the trip. Home run Disney! It made me wish Disney had a private resort like Aulani in the Carribean, because you could've signed me up right there and then to come back for 5 days of THAT.

Traveling with friends worked out fine. We enjoyed their company, but also spent time apart as well.

Again, I will post when the actual TR (with pictures ) is started.

Welcome back. Sounds like you had a decent trip. :thumbsup2

Look forward to the TR when you start it. No rush.

Welcome back!

Kurt and I say that always about Castaway Cay... We wish it was a private resort! It's pretty much our favorite island in the whole world! :)

Cruise pools are always packed amd always small- no matter what line... Kinda assumed this was an engineer restriction? Not sure about that though- that was just my theory.

Looking forward to this trip report as well... And PS - you are still ahead of me on the other one as well! Hahahahaha!!!

Welcome back! I'm glad to see that some things were better than you expected, but it stinks that some things were worse than you expected. I look forward to the eventual TR! I have been trying to convince DH to do a Disney cruise for years, but he says they are too expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter