• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Historical DLR Park Hours, Entertainment and Refurbs

HydroGuy

A Pirate's Life For Me
DLR has the annoying habit of not posting park hours, entertainment or refurb lists until 4-8 weeks in advance. This can make trip planning difficult. WDW vets accustomed to schedules posted 6 months in advance may get particularly frustrated.

Fortunately things do not change much from year to year at DLR. You can look at prior years for the date range of interest and get a pretty good idea of what to expect in the future. Here is some historical information for DLR.

CAUTION - Do not use future month's information below beyond about one month as DLR only provides schedules 4-8 weeks in advance. Thus no one knows what will actually happen out further than that. Use past month's information below to project to the future.

For future refurbs, the DIS schedule on wdwinfo is recommended: https://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/refurbishments-closings.htm

DIS/WDWInfo

2020 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2019 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2018 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2017 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2016 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2015 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2014 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2013 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2012 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2011 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2010 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

2009 - January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December

Last edited:
:)Excellent post and well needed information since this question is so frequenly asked. I use Laughingplace.com regularly and of all the trips that I have planned, the only change that I've seen is the hours for our upcoming trip in October. I guess because that month is becoming so increasingly popular or maybe due to the new fireworks and the new Halloween version of Space Mountain, the usual off season weekday hours (10-6) that I expected for this year are now extended from 9-9 for about 2 weeks in October. But this is an exception, and looking at schedules from previous years is a valuable planning tool.

In the DIS/WDW site it has IASW being refurbed in July during our dates. :sad2: Is this a definite? This is our first trip to DL and we probably won't be going back for a looong time-- from the east coast. I love IASW and was looking forward to the DL version and looking for the characters.

In the DIS/WDW site it has IASW being refurbed in July during our dates. :sad2: Is this a definite? This is our first trip to DL and we probably won't be going back for a looong time-- from the east coast. I love IASW and was looking forward to the DL version and looking for the characters.
No, IASW will not be refurbed in July. Nothing will be closed in July. Disney has not even posted anything about July.

My best guess is that the 2008 year long refurb of IASW is still hanging around in the DIS system for July 2010. They really need to change that. :headache:

This is a fantastic post. So many times these questions are asked. So this is a great reference tool! :thumbsup2

I thought I saw that info somewhere.... and that is exactly where I saw it. I thought I was loosing my mind!!:confused:

I have read and re-read HydroGuys thread and the info there is priceless. Thanks for your help. I love the DIS Boards!!!:love:

Now 1 more question .... Do I just go to the official Disney website closer to our trip to find the park hours and show schedules, and how far in advance do they post that info? Thanks again!

Now 1 more question .... Do I just go to the official Disney website closer to our trip to find the park hours and show schedules, and how far in advance do they post that info? Thanks again!
Yes, the DLR website info usually goes up partially 6-8 weeks in advance and then fills in with everything 4-6 weeks in advance.

Wow, great information! Thanks! We have been to DW a number of times, but are considering DL /Kings Canyon and Sequoia Natl. Park trip this year instead. We would be going the last week of October. Has there been any rumors as to what may be down at that time besides Small World? I am taking your advice and scheduling us to be there at least one Saturday to catch the entertainment. We would be pretty bummed to miss any of the things that we are unable to see in DW, but my daughter is in poms and can't travel in summer.

Have you looked at this week's Al Lutz article?

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al022112a.htm

Look at the paragraph titled "Late for a very important date...". Al says that the following 3 major attractions will be down sometime this fall:

Big Thunder Mountain will be down "for months" for a major overhaul.
Fantasyland Theater
Indiana Jones has planned a two month overhaul.

No specific dates mentioned for any of these.

Also, be careful planning Kings Canyon and Sequoia for the last week of October. The higher elevations could already be impassable due to snow. Not definite, but possible.

-Bob

Hydro great post!

Looking at the historical data for week of Halloween, it appears that we may not be able to see Fantasmic. :confused3

So is Halloween a non-peak season?

We are scheduled to be in the Parks Oct 29th to Nov 1st, flight leaves early Nov 2nd.

Hydro great post!

Looking at the historical data for week of Halloween, it appears that we may not be able to see Fantasmic. :confused3

So is Halloween a non-peak season?

We are scheduled to be in the Parks Oct 29th to Nov 1st, flight leaves early Nov 2nd.
October is not peak season.

Have you looked at this week's Al Lutz article?

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al022112a.htm

Look at the paragraph titled "Late for a very important date...". Al says that the following 3 major attractions will be down sometime this fall:

Big Thunder Mountain will be down "for months" for a major overhaul.
Fantasyland Theater
Indiana Jones has planned a two month overhaul.

No specific dates mentioned for any of these.

Also, be careful planning Kings Canyon and Sequoia for the last week of October. The higher elevations could already be impassable due to snow. Not definite, but possible.

-Bob
Thanks for the info! That is exactly what I was afraid of. Indiana Jones is one of the things that is on our "most excited to ride" list. I really want to see the HM and Space Mountain Halloween overlays, though. I hope they firm up the dates on the big refurbs soon so I can decide between DL and DW.

Thanks also for the tips on the National Parks. When I first started looking into DL I figured we would be too late in the season for any of the National Parks since the high elevations in Glacier and Yellowstone are closed way before the end of October (my other happy places besides DW). When I looked at the historical data it seemed like we were probably ok before the middle of November, although we did decide against Yosemite, just in case. Cutting it too close, you think?

Looking at a trip starting Nov 30. The predicted hours here show 10-6 for DL (understand that aren't official hours). Is there a special event they are having? I looked at similar Fridays the last few years and don't see a 6 pm closing. Wondering if we should come in on Saturday instead :confused3

thats my bday hehe, ok now i could be wrong but it could be candle light perccion or castmember party im not sure but still good luck

Looking at a trip starting Nov 30. The predicted hours here show 10-6 for DL (understand that aren't official hours). Is there a special event they are having? I looked at similar Fridays the last few years and don't see a 6 pm closing. Wondering if we should come in on Saturday instead :confused3

Don't look at the predicted hours and count on them for anything. Those hours are not an educated guess or anything like that.

DL only closes at 6pm about 10 times a year. Halloween Parties, CM Chirstmas Parties and Private Parties in the offseason, and no longer for Grad Nites. There are no Christmas Parties on the night because they A. Haven't been announced, B. Fall closer to Christmas.

This is one of Hydroguy's Tags. You can see it under his username.
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules

That saying applies well to this thread.

Future hours are not official, outside of what's on the official calendar. http://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendar/ Even those hours can change.

Past hours can be a guide to what the future will be like. Except for DCA which is operation very different after it's expansion and remodel. Make sure you don't compare date to date, but what week as well. Falling in the same or different week as a floating Holiday can make a difference.

Very few rehabs are regular. The ones I can think of are, the HM, SM and IASW who each get seasonal overlays, the ROA boats get a late September deck refinish, Main Street gets repainted and the building repaved every other year in the Winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter