Hip Bags and rides?

yes probably.

if you look at the locker locations, the big rides near them are the ones affected.

They won't let you on with it. However, it's not every ride, just the major ones.

For The Hulk, RRR and Dragon Challenge, you wont be allowed to wear this on these rides.

For other rides it`ll be fine. I wear a Kipling Multiple on every other ride, it`s bigger than the one you posted. No issues at all with it on other rides.

That is super cute! Where did you purchase it?

I have a Disney fanny pack that my kids make fun of (which I deserve), but this is stylish enough for my 16year old (I think)

That is super cute! Where did you purchase it?

I have a Disney fanny pack that my kids make fun of (which I deserve), but this is stylish enough for my 16year old (I think)
It's a DIY thing, but super simple. http://www.epbot.com/2012/10/a-better-hip-bag-mod.html

I made mine out of a clearance target purse (any purse with two rings on either side will do, mine was $6) and two of these hardware clips https://www.dixiediver.com/images/products/4-inch-ss-double-end-clip_thumb.jpg. It worked well to keep things off my shoulder but was forced into a locker each time. Apparently a zipper pocket full of stuff is okay, but a zippered pocket attached to you is not. ::eyeroll::

For The Hulk, RRR and Dragon Challenge, you wont be allowed to wear this on these rides.

For other rides it`ll be fine. I wear a Kipling Multiple on every other ride, it`s bigger than the one you posted. No issues at all with it on other rides.

I think the difference, though, is that the Kipling Multiple has a three-prong clasp. I do NOT believe that they will allow OP's bag on Revenge of the Mummy, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, or Men in Black if it does not have a three-prong clasp. I absolutely HAVE had team members check my bag (also a Kipling Multiple!) for the clasp.

I think the difference, though, is that the Kipling Multiple has a three-prong clasp. I do NOT believe that they will allow OP's bag on Revenge of the Mummy, Forbidden Journey, Gringotts, or Men in Black if it does not have a three-prong clasp. I absolutely HAVE had team members check my bag (also a Kipling Multiple!) for the clasp.

No they won't allow her bag on. I should have clarified that......

That's why I mentioned the bag I wear and that it is allowed.

Edited to add......certain rides it won't be allowed on.

It depends on the cast member I would guess. The rides with the metal detectors are the main issue since they will catch it even if it's under a shirt. The metal detectors are near the front and you can catch up to your party if they send you back to lockers. If you don't want to chance it just put it in a locker.

Ray a, I'm super impressed! I never would have thought to make something like this! Looks great, well done!

So basically a fanny pack (I hate that description) with a 3 prong clasp will be allowed on most of the rides? My daughter and I were having this discussion today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter