Hilton Universal Studios Hollywood 2021

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
ok, this is starting off as a pre trip planning and hopefully will end up as a hotel and room review.

This year for my June 2021 California trip I have booked the Hilton at Universal Studios Hollywood. I booked a King room for $209 per night which is double my normal per night budget. As my 2020 California trip was cancelled, I still have my 2020 budget, so I decided to splurge and treat myself after all the crap thats happened in the last year. Thanks to @amyamya in a Southern California ABD thread I put in a special request for a room on the East side of the hotel, AKA a theme park view room. It will be interesting to see which room I eventually get.

This was my thought process
  • Combine my 2020 budget and 2021 budget for a more expensive hotel
  • Hotel has to be walking distance to Red Underground Metro Line and bus routes
  • Hotel has to be walking distance to restaurants and shops. On previous trips this has not been part of my criteria, but for this trip, I want to use public transport as little as possible.
  • If theme parks are open in June I would like to do a one day visit to Universal Studios. On pervious trips when I went to Universal Studios, I was there for opening but I didn't stay until close. The same with Citywalk, any time I have been I always felt I didn't have enough time to see everything.
  • If theme parks are open in June, its very likely there will be limits on capacity, and staying at one of the partner hotels might just be an advantage to getting a park ticket.
  • If theme parks are still closed as they are now, some of Citywalks restaurants, food places and shops are still open, for take out. Citywalk is a nice area to just just go for a walk and hopefully if my room request happens, I will still be able to see the theme park, even if I cant go into it.
When everything does start to re open, all of our pre Covid park touring plans, hotel reviews and things to do and see will be void and out of date. We will have to start again, so hopefully this thread will be a help to those planning to stay at Universal Studios Hilton in the months to come.

We really like the Hilton. We splurged for a park view, which the kids loved for seeing Hogwarts. We stayed at the Sheraton the previous trip. While the lobby was nice and the rooms had good decor, they were super tiny and dirty. Plus, the extra quarter mile walking uphill added up over several days. I felt like just walking into the Hilton lobby had a better resort feel. You'll really like it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!