Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace- walking to DS?

leebee

DIS Veteran
We are staying at the HOBVPalace in December, and I am curious about the walk to Disney Springs. Is it safe/do we have to cross major highways? How long does it take to walk to, say, Ghirardelli's (my top speed tends to be "stroll")? Do you think there's any benefit to walking over to Saratoga Springs and taking the Disney buses from there to the parks (or in reverse, at the end of the day)?

We are staying at the HOBVPalace in December, and I am curious about the walk to Disney Springs. Is it safe/do we have to cross major highways? How long does it take to walk to, say, Ghirardelli's (my top speed tends to be "stroll")? Do you think there's any benefit to walking over to Saratoga Springs and taking the Disney buses from there to the parks (or in reverse, at the end of the day)?

There's a pedestrian bridge nearby. I am actually staying there tonight, so I'll let you know how far the bridge is. Only stayed at Wyndham before which is right next to it

It would be the equivalent of a few blocks walk from actual tower to the pedestrian walkway. The walkway is elevated over the road so no crossing. If you attempt to cross the road in front of hotel ... I've seen people be stopped by security .. and it's not safe.

Ghirardelli is that side of Disney Springs so it wouldn't be too far. In total I would say you could do it in 15-20 minutes since you need to use the bridge.

You have to walk away from SS, cross the walkway, then do a bit of walking back up to SS to a bus stop. For me ... no absolutely not worth it unless I had missed a bus late at night coming back. Now the MK bus you go to TTC from DS but again you either spend all the time and walking to get to SS or you take the monorail/ferry to MK. I still wouldn't do the walking to SS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter