Hilton Orlando Buena Vista, Buena Vista Palace or B?

leebee

DIS Veteran
Travelers are just DH and me, hoping for a little R&R between semesters. I am not sure we'll even go to the theme parks! We're looking at hotels for Dec 2019 and are considering these. On TripAdvisor, B gets highest rating of the 3, but the recent reports about it being dirty are disarming. With deals (most of which are non-refundable) I can get "B" for $88 a night, Buena Vista Palace for $101 and Buena Vista for $111. Of course there are resort fees, parking, and taxes on top of that, but that's pretty consistent for that area. Have you stayed in these hotels? What did you like/dislike?

What is the walk to Disney Springs like from these 3 places?

ALSO... if we don't have a car, what would you recommend for getting back and forth to the airport, and approximate price? (Not sure Uber is an option as DH isn't smart-phone-savvy and I don't have one!) TIA!!

Last edited:
Hello- Here are my thoughts. We have stayed at:
-The B Resort (3 years ago)
-The Hilton Buena Vista Palace (This has 2 tall towers) (1900 E. Buena Vista Drive) August 2019
-The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (This is one long hotel - no towers) (1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard) April 2019
I added the addresses for others to see. I know some people get confused, especially both being Hiltons PLUS there is another hotel off property (Non-Hilton) that can further confuse a traveler who is unfamiliar.

While we enjoyed the B Resort it is a bit further to walk, based on you saying you dont have a smart phone and your husband tech challenged, it probably is further than you want to walk to get to Disney Springs. When we did stay there last we did not visit the Parks at all. We had a pool side room with a little fenced in lounge area that was on the pool deck.

- The Hilton Buena Vista Palace we just stayed at and really enjoyed it. The pool area and pool bar/ restaurant puts all the others to shame. Definitely felt like a resort that could be a resort only stay. There is a give and take as there are two buildings. The main one has all of the restaurants, bars, quick service but is probably an extra 5 to 10 minute walk than the other Hilton. The other building is closer to Disney Springs but has none of the restaurants etc. If I was going to be staying at resort primarily, even if I was going to Disney Springs for Dinner I probably would choose the main building. They do give you certificate I beleive for 10% off food and drink which we used at lobby bar.

-The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista- We have stayed there multiple times. It is closest to Disney Springs. Service has always been good, and when we have had issues the front desk has addressed. Quick Service is OK, not as extensive as Vista Palace. They do give you 2 bottles of water a day and 2 coffees at quick service (Vista Palace does not). The service at the pool for drinks and food is very hit and miss. Also the lounge is either dead or if there is a Convention very crowded with loud guys in Suits.

Typically Hilton Buena Vista Palace is more expensive, but if the prices were similar I would definite choose it. If the price difference wasnt too significant or you didnt care I would stay there. My 2nd choice would be the Hilton Orlando on hotel Blvd.

Not sure if this helped or just added to the confusion.

Airport Travel-
My first recommendation would be to learn how to use the Uber or Lyft App. But I understand if thats not something you are comfortable with, and I dont think I would recommend the airport as your first try using it.
- I would look at doing a one way car rental from airport. Each of the hotels has a rental car agency on property and you can drop your car off right at the hotel.
Hilton Buena Vista Palace has Alamo and the Hilton hotel Blvd has Avis. Depending on discounts that you can find it can be quite affordable. Once I book (not pre-pay) I keep an eye on it and if price drops I call and have them adjust it. You can also rent and return to Disney Autocare (Avis and Hertz) and they will drop you back at your hotel or anywhere else on property.

I cant give you advice on other airport shuttles since we havent used any.

Hello- Here are my thoughts. We have stayed at:
-The B Resort (3 years ago)
-The Hilton Buena Vista Palace (This has 2 tall towers) (1900 E. Buena Vista Drive) August 2019
-The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (This is one long hotel - no towers) (1751 Hotel Plaza Boulevard) April 2019
I added the addresses for others to see. I know some people get confused, especially both being Hiltons PLUS there is another hotel off property (Non-Hilton) that can further confuse a traveler who is unfamiliar.

While we enjoyed the B Resort it is a bit further to walk, based on you saying you dont have a smart phone and your husband tech challenged, it probably is further than you want to walk to get to Disney Springs. When we did stay there last we did not visit the Parks at all. We had a pool side room with a little fenced in lounge area that was on the pool deck.

- The Hilton Buena Vista Palace we just stayed at and really enjoyed it. The pool area and pool bar/ restaurant puts all the others to shame. Definitely felt like a resort that could be a resort only stay. There is a give and take as there are two buildings. The main one has all of the restaurants, bars, quick service but is probably an extra 5 to 10 minute walk than the other Hilton. The other building is closer to Disney Springs but has none of the restaurants etc. If I was going to be staying at resort primarily, even if I was going to Disney Springs for Dinner I probably would choose the main building. They do give you certificate I beleive for 10% off food and drink which we used at lobby bar.

-The Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista- We have stayed there multiple times. It is closest to Disney Springs. Service has always been good, and when we have had issues the front desk has addressed. Quick Service is OK, not as extensive as Vista Palace. They do give you 2 bottles of water a day and 2 coffees at quick service (Vista Palace does not). The service at the pool for drinks and food is very hit and miss. Also the lounge is either dead or if there is a Convention very crowded with loud guys in Suits.

Typically Hilton Buena Vista Palace is more expensive, but if the prices were similar I would definite choose it. If the price difference wasnt too significant or you didnt care I would stay there. My 2nd choice would be the Hilton Orlando on hotel Blvd.

Not sure if this helped or just added to the confusion.

Thanks for your replies! I think I'm going to book the Buena Vista Palace; I was leaning towards that anyhow, as the room is bigger (well, it has a sofa) and we'll be there 6 nights. Dreams Unlimited is running a promo where they waive the parking fee. I have been calculating costs, and based on what we want to do/where we want to go, it's almost as expensive to do Uber/lyft/cab and a 2 day car rental (going to visit friends in Cocoa, do KSC, etc) as it is to rent a car. If I can get free parking at the Palace, it's pretty much a no-brainer, if for nothing more than the convenience of getting to Boma, Jellyrolls, etc.!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter