Hilton hhonors

nellypooh1

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if I am an hhonors member, but booked my hotel thru hotwire, do I get charged resort and parking fees? We will be staying at Hilton Bonnet Creek.

Thanks for your help!

Does anyone know if I am an hhonors member, but booked my hotel thru hotwire, do I get charged resort and parking fees? We will be staying at Hilton Bonnet Creek.

Thanks for your help!

Well it states right on Hotwire you will have fees -

Fees

You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
  • Resort fee: USD 30.00 per accommodation, per night
    • Self parking fee: USD 20 per night (in/out privileges)
    • Valet parking fee: USD 26 per day (in/out privileges)
I'm not sure what you are asking about HHonors, I'm thinking you would not get points because you booked through Hotwire but you can certainly ask at check in. We have booked via outside codes and gotten our points but it was still booked via Hilton. Honors members do not get their fees waived usually. If you book paying with Honors Points they usually waive the resort fee but you have to pay the parking fee.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you are asking about HHonors, I'm thinking you would not get points because you booked through Hotwire but you can certainly ask at check in. We have booked via outside codes and gotten our points but it was still booked via Hilton. Honors members do not get their fees waived usually. If you book paying with Honors Points they usually wave the resort fee but you have to pay the parking fee.

All of this correct. Even the top level Hilton Honors members have to pay resort and parking fees at the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

Additionally, the only way to earn points/stay credits (and get the perks of an elite-level member) is if you book at Hilton.com or HiltonHonors.com. The Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions specifically lists both "opaque" websites and "third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid)" to be ineligible.

Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions (see Accrual of Points #3): http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html#accrual_of_points

All of this correct. Even the top level Hilton Honors members have to pay resort and parking fees at the Hilton Bonnet Creek.

Additionally, the only way to earn points/stay credits (and get the perks of an elite-level member) is if you book at Hilton.com or HiltonHonors.com. The Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions specifically lists both "opaque" websites and "third party websites bookings (irrespective of rate paid)" to be ineligible.

Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions (see Accrual of Points #3): http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/index.html#accrual_of_points

Yes, we are Diamond and never had waived except when we used points for room. A few will waive parking for Handicapped Plates but none that I know of in Orlando.

Thanks for the replies! They have credited all my stays from Hotwire and Priceline in the past towards points earned. When we stayed at a Hilton in December, we were not charged the parking fees. I wasn't sure if that was related to being an hhonors member. I suppose they were just being nice?!

I should have been a little clearer. While the Terms and Conditions say you are not eligible to get points, sometimes hotels will still offer them. I'd look at it as a "pleasant surprise" sort of thing.

Most hotels are franchises, which means they are independently managed. (A tiny number of hotels are corporate owned and/or operated.) If you get extra stuff at one hotel, don't expect a different one to do the same...even if they both have "Hilton" on the side of the building.

Like HopperFan, I've stayed at the four closest Hilton hotels to Walt Disney World (Hilton Bonnet Creek, Hilton Lake Buena Vista, Hilton Buena Vista Palace, DoubleTree Suites). Despite being Honors Gold, I've had to pay the full price of any resort and/or parking fees at each location. I'd go into this trip expecting to pay all the fees and not get any points.

I should have been a little clearer. While the Terms and Conditions say you are not eligible to get points, sometimes hotels will still offer them. I'd look at it as a "pleasant surprise" sort of thing.

Most hotels are franchises, which means they are independently managed. (A tiny number of hotels are corporate owned and/or operated.) If you get extra stuff at one hotel, don't expect a different one to do the same...even if they both have "Hilton" on the side of the building.

Like HopperFan, I've stayed at the four closest Hilton hotels to Walt Disney World (Hilton Bonnet Creek, Hilton Lake Buena Vista, Hilton Buena Vista Palace, DoubleTree Suites). Despite being Honors Gold, I've had to pay the full price of any resort and/or parking fees at each location. I'd go into this trip expecting to pay all the fees and not get any points.
Ok thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!