Celebrating Jack's 21st birthday Disney style! ~ update 08/22

suse66

When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true!
Hello and welcome! I've decided to jump on the PTR bandwagon as, like all of you, I am desperately missing Disney and need some Disney magic in my life!

Who am I?? For those of you new to my reports, I'm Susan. I'm a Disney obsessed mom of three young men who loves family trips, couple trips, solo trips and any reason to go to Disney! By day, I am a kindergarten teacher and have been in the early years field for almost 32 years. I collect Disney pins, Disney Pandora charms, Disney Dooney and Bourke bags and other cute Disney things that catch my eye!

IMG_5784.JPG

So, why Christmas?? Last year, I had the most magical three day solo trip enjoying all the Christmas magic in the parks. I loved the Christmas party, the Candlelight processional and all the Christmas decor. My only wish was that my trip had have been longer.

Given our current situation living in a world wide pandemic, I need something sunshiny and positive to give myself something to look forward to. I had to cancel my trip with oldest son for this July as our borders are not open to non essential travel as yet. We have rescheduled to next summer but I can't wait until 2021 for Disney time. I am remaining optimistic about December and have decided to jump into planning!

Who's going with me?? This trip is my lovely DH and I! We had such a great couples trip in July of 2019 celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and can't wait to be back in our happy place together! Here we are in one of my favourite pics from our anniversary trip.....
IMG_4681.JPG

Where are we staying???

I am a brand new DVC owner at Boulder Ridge Villas and was fortunate to secure 4 nights in a one bedroom villa there for our Christmas trip. We loved CCV and WL during our anniversary trip and are super excited to get to stay in our new Disney "home"!

IMG_5594.JPG
Join in with me as we plan all the details of a super fun, over the top, Disney-rrific adventure!

Yay first page! So glad you started this, doing mine is really helping me get by until we can return to the place we all love so much 🏰

Yay! We currently have 3 nights booked at BRV (also a one-bedroom) at Christmas. I can’t wait! Congrats on your DVD purchase!

Yay first page! So glad you started this, doing mine is really helping me get by until we can return to the place we all love so much 🏰
Thanks Ariane! So glad you are here......like you, I needed to have a place for some Disney dreaming. ♥ 🏰

Yay! We currently have 3 nights booked at BRV (also a one-bedroom) at Christmas. I can’t wait! Congrats on your DVD purchase!
Thank you so much! We have December 19-23 booked and are excited! Christmas at the Lodge is just so beautiful!

We love Christmas at Disney! We're going in November, so we'll still hopefully be able to see all of the Christmas fun and attend MVMCP.

We love Christmas at Disney! We're going in November, so we'll still hopefully be able to see all of the Christmas fun and attend MVMCP.
Christmas at Disney is SO magical......I hope you love MVMCP! The decor at the parks is beautiful too.

Following along. Looking forward to reading more. I currently have a Sept trip planned ( booked last year before all of this ) but thinking of booking a back up December trip. I have never been in Dec. The Festival of Holidays looks like something I would enjoy ( saying they will have festivals this year )

Following along. Looking forward to reading more. I currently have a Sept trip planned ( booked last year before all of this ) but thinking of booking a back up December trip. I have never been in Dec. The Festival of Holidays looks like something I would enjoy ( saying they will have festivals this year )
Thanks for joining in! I really enjoyed Festival of the Holidays even though I feel I barely scratched the surface. There is so much to do and see. The holiday storytellers are amazing! What really knocked it out of the park for me was the Candlelight Processional, it was so lovely.

I hope your September trip happens but if not, December would be a great alternative. I am hoping our December trip happens but we will have to see when our border re-opens. I think the Canadian government is going to be very careful in regards to allowing non-essential travel. I have a back up March trip in the works just in case.

Reactions: DLo
I'll come with you as you plan! We're booked to go Dec. 19-23, and staying at BWV for the first time. I am holding back my excitement until the parks and border open, and MVMCP tickets go on sale. Planning a Disney getaway helps me through the hard times, but I can't bring myself to plan a trip and get all jazzed, only to have to cancel. 😭 We just had to break the news to our kids that they can't go to summer camp (something they love even more than Disney), so I'm extra hopeful that this trip happens and is even more magical than I could hope.

Last edited:
I'll come with you as you plan! We're booked to go Dec. 19-23, and staying at BWV for the first time. I am holding back my excitement until the parks and border open, and MVMCP tickets go on sale. Planning a Disney getaway helps me through the hard times, but I can't bring myself to plan a trip and get all jazzed, only to have to cancel. 😭 We just had to break the news to our kids that they can't go to summer camp (something they love even more than Disney), so I'm extra hopeful that this trip happens and is even more magical than I could hope.
Awesome! You guys are the same dates as us! Are you Canadian as well? I am not getting into heavy planning on this trip. I have a few ADRs that I want (Cali Grill brunch and Flying Fish for dinner). I would definitely want tickets for MVMCP and last year I added on the Tony's Town Square party which was great! I am hoping Candlelight Processional is a go but I am not sure. It is such a spectacular event.

My back up is a possible March Break trip to Hilton Head Island....we'll see how things pan out!

Awesome! You guys are the same dates as us! Are you Canadian as well? I am not getting into heavy planning on this trip. I have a few ADRs that I want (Cali Grill brunch and Flying Fish for dinner). I would definitely want tickets for MVMCP and last year I added on the Tony's Town Square party which was great! I am hoping Candlelight Processional is a go but I am not sure. It is such a spectacular event.

My back up is a possible March Break trip to Hilton Head Island....we'll see how things pan out!
Yes, we're Canadian and teachers too! It will certainly be a different experience than I had hoped if there's no Candlelight Pro or MVMCP due to crowd restrictions, but that's beyond our control. We'll see!

Hello my friends! I had hoped to be updating with a list of my ADRs I was to book for December but we all know that is not happening. In fact, my trip is no longer happening. I am so sad but it is the right decision. While our border is potentially opening on June 21, there is a two week quarantine in effect for anyone returning to Canada from travel. We have no idea how long that rule will be in place for. So 2020 will not be my year for travel as I had hoped.

Going forward, I have plans for 2021!I had 2019 DVC points that were banked last January. They have to be used by June 2021. So, I am going to book a week at Hilton Head Island for March Break! It'll be off season there... a perfect time for beach walks, bike rides and relaxing. Temps that time of year are generally in the low 70's which is perfect.

I'll be back at Disney with Jack in August of 2021 to celebrate his 21st birthday! Then hopefully a pre-Christmas trip with Bill and if the Epic 2.0 trip happens, I will definitely want to be there. Hmmm, it looks like I may want to renew my AP in '21!

In a real life update, we are all safe and well. Jamie and Stuart are finishing up their grade 12 courses. There is no graduation ceremony scheduled at this time but I am hopeful something may happen in the fall. They had a already decided to take a Gap year, do a few additional courses, work and maybe travel a little. Then they will apply for post secondary for fall' 21. Jack will go back to university for 3rd year even though the fall semester will be largely online. Bill and I are both working from home still and I wrap up the school year at the end of June. We are hoping that we are back in the classroom next September but have heard nothing yet. Our cottage in PEI will sit empty this summer as while they are opening up to non-resident property owners, there is a mandatory two week quarantine and I am not willing to spend two out of three weeks there unable to see anyone.

I am trying to stay positive and focus on what we do have......our lovely garden, beautiful hiking trails and the ability to "see" friends and family through zoom, messenger groups etc. This too shall pass and we will be back to our full and happy lives. In the meantime, please stay safe and well. We will be back in our happy place soon!

Well here I just found your PTR and now no Christmas trip this year :sad: So sorry to hear this. I am sure you are disappointed but it definitely sounds like you have thought through it all.

That is crazy you have to quarantine to go to your house on PEI. Maybe they will relax some of those rules so you can get some much deserved vacation in somehow.

I'm so sorry Suse! That really sucks. But, you're right. This too shall pass and Disney is still here.
Thanks Jenny. I know it'll be lovely when I do make it back. :)
Well here I just found your PTR and now no Christmas trip this year :sad: So sorry to hear this. I am sure you are disappointed but it definitely sounds like you have thought through it all.

That is crazy you have to quarantine to go to your house on PEI. Maybe they will relax some of those rules so you can get some much deserved vacation in somehow.
I am glad you found me even though there is no Christmas trip. I may turn this into a general 2021 planning PTR. I am hopeful about Hilton Head Island in March and of course, celebrating Jack's 21st Disney style!

PEI is SO locked down. Being a small island with a pretty rural population they just don't have the resources to deal with a big outbreak. Even PEI residents that leave the Island for any reason have to self isolate for 14 days when they return. That being said they have only had 27 cases with no hospitalizations. I feel better about my sister and parents being safe. As non-resident property owners, we have to apply to the provincial government to come to PEI. It's a lot of work and I can't imagine being on the ocean and not being allowed to walk on the beach or swim for two weeks. Plus there is a lot of negativity to people from "away". It's like they think we all have the plague. So I will be happy to explore all the lovely Ontario spots that I never get to see.

I hope the three of you are staying safe and well. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!