Hilton family of resorts

MamaJessie

DIS Veteran
A family member of mine recently started working at a Hilton and is going to be getting a family discount. We want to stay off site our first night (getting in late) and are considering using her discount instead of staying at the cheap place we stayed last time. Anyone have a particular favorite in the Orlando area? It is overwhelming how many hotels there are in the area and some seem cheaper initially but then tack on resort fees.

A lot of folks on this board recommend the Doubletree on Hotel Plaza Blvd. near Disney Springs. They are under the Hilton family of hotels and resorts. The Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace just updated their pool areas. There's also another Hilton property on Hotel Plaza Blvd. If you prefer a newer hotel, the Hilton Orlando at Bonnet Creek is also a good option.

My husband works in a Hilton property and we are able to use this discount as well. We are staying at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace before our cruise next month!

I notice that your thread title says "Hilton Family of Resorts". To avoid disappoint, you should realize that most of the hotels seen on Hilton's website are hotels, not resorts.

Over the past several years, I've spent 60ish nights at the three Hiltons closest to Disney Springs. As carlamouse alludes, I'm one of the people here that highly recommends the DoubleTree Suites Lake Buena Vista (2305 Hotel Plaza Blvd). I do not recommend the Hilton Lake Buena Vista (1751 Hotel Plaza Blvd). I had a bad stay at the Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace (1900 E Buena Vista Dr), but it was when they were in the middle of their massive renovation. I haven't stayed there since it was completed.

That said, if you can provide a few more details about your trip, you might get better recommendations. It appears that this is just a 1-night stay with a later arrival. Given that, you may not need to be a hotel with a prime location. (Those usually come with things like resort fees and/or parking fees.) What are your plans for that first night? Do you just need a clean, comfortable hotel? Or, or you looking to be within walking distance of Disney Springs or other attractions/restaurants. Finally, what is the size of your party? Do you need a larger room or will any standard two-bedded hotel room work?

If your friend is giving you the friends and family discount, it won't mean you have the same benefits as they do. Friends and family can get a reduced rate at CERTAIN properties at certain times of the year. But you really need to know your dates in advance and book as close to a year as you can because the prices will fluctuate

If your friend is giving you the friends and family discount, it won't mean you have the same benefits as they do. Friends and family can get a reduced rate at CERTAIN properties at certain times of the year. But you really need to know your dates in advance and book as close to a year as you can because the prices will fluctuate
Hmm.. ok. She made it sound like it was 50% off. I will check with her or just keep my sone night res that is non-Hilton ;) Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the replies everyone, very helpful!

Some of ours have been 50% off but some are more and some offer none! It's really funny! Like yesterday , I found a Hilton near Disney Springs for $89!! During fall break!

Stayed at many Hiltons in the area, we are Diamond.
- It will depend on your numbers (is your whole family going).
- What you want from the hotel, like breakfast?
- It depends on what your final budget is after discount.

We like:
- Disney Springs Doubletree
- LBV Hampton Inn
- LBV Hilton Garden Inn
- Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista SOUTH

We've stayed at others but those would be our picks that are closest.

We've stayed at

Hilton Garden Inn Sea World
Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista
Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista South

The Sea World one isn't very close but they were all nice hotels and good experiences.

I prefer to stay at hotels that offer free breakfast. With this I would recommend Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites or Embassy Suites in the Disney Springs area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter